The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to replace a leaking fuel line to the right/pass side injectors, truck now idles rough, and under load appears to have developed a miss for lack of a better discription. Did the prime sequence used after changing the filters to get fuel up, so what did I miss??? Or what did I mess up?? Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I would run a contribution test to see if the injectors are healthy. 150k is typical injector lifespan, so if its close to that or beyond expect that you may have injectors issues. If the bank that had the leaking line was starved for fuel or encountered low pressure due to the leak its also possible it killed an injector (probably #7).

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would run a contribution test to see if the injectors are healthy. 150k is typical injector lifespan, so if its close to that or beyond expect that you may have injectors issues. If the bank that had the leaking line was starved for fuel or encountered low pressure due to the leak its also possible it killed an injector (probably #7).

I agree, sounds like you had an injector on its way out and this might have been the last straw for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts