The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Excursion.
Under my hood just near the brake fluid reservoir there are these 4 wires that come out of the wiring harness that runs along the firewall. They are red, white, blue, and black.
Are these wires part of some MOD that was done and then removed before the previous owner traded it in? I thought that’s what they might be until I looked under the hood of my buddies ‘05 F-250 and he has them too.
Please take a look at the photo and let me know if you know what these wires go to.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Those are builder access wires, stock, put there by Ford. You will find the other end of them under your dash near the fuse panel. All they are is a built-in through-firewall wire run. Guys use them to hook up gauges, lights, anything that needs a wire through the firewall. But, here's the nice part. Under the dash, you will also find two more wires. They will have a molded cap on the end. These wires are power sources, one constant 12V, the other is a key-on source. You'll notice they aren't the biggest wires, so if you do use them for anything more than a few lights you'll want to use them to trigger a relay and run a larger gauge wire from the battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts