The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help trying to find out what you call this hose so I can order one online or at one of my local parts stores. Ford thinks they know but they are not sure as they don't have one in stock to confirm and their diagrams seem hard to read and so they aren't sure they are looking at the right one. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

2008 F-250 King Ranch 6.4

·
Registered
2000 Ford F-250 flatbed 7.3L power stroke with a 4 way chip and 6 spd manual tranny. 285/75/16 A/T
116 Posts
I think it is a EGR pressure hose that tells the pressure and when to let the gasses back into the emissions for better fuel mileage and tell the EGR the pressure on the coolant side. Its called a EGR pressure feedback hose i believe and you can get it from auto zone.

·
Registered
2000 Ford F-250 flatbed 7.3L power stroke with a 4 way chip and 6 spd manual tranny. 285/75/16 A/T
116 Posts
I could be wrong cause i don't drive a 6.4L i drive a 7.3L but I'm going to school for diesel mechanic so i could be wrong but look it up under EGR pressure feedback hose.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Looking for some help trying to find out what you call this hose so I can order one online or at one of my local parts stores. Ford thinks they know but they are not sure as they don't have one in stock to confirm and their diagrams seem hard to read and so they aren't sure they are looking at the right one. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!
The hose in question is the EGR valve inlet hose that goes from the top of the horizontal EGR cooler to the EGR valve is called "EGR Coolant Inlet Hose."

"TECHNICALLY" you can eliminate it as the coolant passages in the EGR Valve in later production engines and replacement valves were deleted. To do so, remove and discard the inlet hose then disconnect the outlet hose and reconnect it to the top of the Horizontal EGR Cooler where the other hose was removed from. Yes, you will have to trim it.

Or you can replace it if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy provided it is not obsolete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts