The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the truck about six weeks now, been working on exterior and mechanicals. I'd noticed I couldn't get behind the back seats like in the past, some research showed there IS a latch back there, just hard to get to. I ordered a bracket and pull lanyard, and installed it today.

Now I have tabs on both sides of the back seats to pull them down.

While back there found the Sony digital signal processor (DSP) and woofer

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder why Ford didn't put latches on both side.
Purely a guess, but I'd guess they wanted you to be able to get to the jack on the passenger side easily, but didn't want you casually messing around with the area around the subwoofer and digital signal processor on the driver's side. There is a latch there already, just hard to get to until you find out where it is.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good find. Funny what the engineers think...or is it the bean counters?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any advice on activating the OEM latch-I've tried from every angle and can't get my arm back there!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I he'd the opposite problem, my seat wasn't latched when I got it so had a hell of a time getting to go back in place. I think the "bar" wasn't it proper position so didn't want to click closed when I tried pushing seat back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any advice on activating the OEM latch-I've tried from every angle and can't get my arm back there!
Use a long 1/4" or 3/8" box-end wrench. The boxed end of the wrench works good to hook the latch pin. Use the camera on your phone to see better. That is if you have one.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
My guess for the latch being on the pasenger side is for safty. So when you have flat on the side of the road you will have to go to the pasengers side away from traffic. That would be my guess.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you tilt up the bottom cushion it moves the back away from the window. Stick your head next to the glass and you can see the silver thing to push up and release the seat.

Here is something I saw on another site.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manowell,

Where did you purchase your latch and lanyard it you don't mind me asking?

Kent
BuiltRight Industries. I think it's their one product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts