The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what dry air intake is the best for the 6.0's ive heard that the stock one is the best

· Registered
75 Posts
After reading hundreds of posts on this topic, I'm sticking to the stock intake....with maybe the Zoodad mod. Not to mention that when I took my truck in to the dealership 2 weeks ago, the first thing they checked was the intake and they said that an aftermarket intake would void the warrranty faster than a tuner. That's all I needed to hear!

· Registered
92 Posts
I had a dealer tell me the same thing about voiding the waranty on my Dodge, and after some research he was full of crap. They would have to prove that whatever happened to the motor was because of the intake. With the exception of dusting the turbo the chances are slim to none. What is a Zoodad mod? I searched but didn't find anything.

· Registered
169 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
with maybe the Zoodad mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats that?

· Registered
754 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I had a dealer tell me the same thing about voiding the waranty on my Dodge, and after some research he was full of crap. They would have to prove that whatever happened to the motor was because of the intake. With the exception of dusting the turbo the chances are slim to none. What is a Zoodad mod? I searched but didn't find anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, if they play hardball it works just the opposite - you have to prove that what ever happened was not because of the modification. That can be time consuming and expensive. Meanwhile, you either pay the bill and try to get your money back or your wheels sit there and collect dust. They have the ability to drag it out for years, as they have an entire legal department that gets paid to do just that. So the question you have ask yourself is, "is it worth the time,aggravation and cost?".

· Registered
1,114 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with maybe the Zoodad mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats that?

[/ QUOTE ]
search for "zoodad mod" on google and im sure you'll get plenty of info. I can't ever seem to get the search feature on this website to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.