The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2000 F250 lariat Long bed with a 73 L diesel and it was in perfect running condition body was in perfect condition interior was in perfect condition besides driver side seat because I’m a man and drive my pick up . However it was a small hole smaller than a golf ball. Early in November a man hit my pick up totaling it and his insurance company is trying to tell me it is only worth $3000.My truck only had 196,000 miles on it and it would literally tow a mountain honestly hands-down best truck I’ve ever owned. And I was under the assumption that in the year 2000 the lariat And specifically the lariat with the 73 was their top-of-the-line model. Just curious what did you guys pay for yours.

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
Sorry for your loss.
Tell the insurance company you want them to purchase a direct replacement for your truck. If they search for similar trucks online, they'll surely come up with more than $3000. They're using some depreciation formula that doesn't take into account a lot of things. Even a lower trim level will likely not be available for $3000. The engine alone is probably worth $3000 to someone.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1999 ford f250
65 Posts
Sorry about your truck. Thats a crazy low amount for the truck and options you have the insurance company is trying to get out for the smallest amount possible that's what they usually try to do ☹ I guess thats their job not trying to give a honest amount. Idk

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
If it was me I would check blue book, make sure you include all the options, and check the option of price “from dealer” if it was in great shape and well maintained- sold by individual will be less. Also do a search on google for the same truck for sale for comparables. When I blue booked the truck in my signature (2002) in 2018, for great condition, high end was over 15K.
Also, get together any receipts you have for mods or upgrades..... My State Farm agent has told me to keep all my receipts- in case of a total— but I’m running full coverage also. There’s no way I’d let another insurance company low ball me. Heck, five years ago my 2002 F150 2WD, gasser, got pummeled in a hail storm— golf ball size hail- State Farm cut me a check for $3500 and I’m still driving it. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts