The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 7.3 Turbodiesel with 125 k miles and I have been trying to find out what I’m the world is the stock exhaust back pressure reading? I’ve been trying to search it everywhere but nothing will tell me on line!! PLEASE HELP OUT!!! :( I’ve been trying to help my brother figure it out we are trying to do the math from modifications from stock to 4 in straight pipe and 4 inch downpipe

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I don’t quite understand your question.

EBP is variable and based on multiple inputs, right?...Are you trying to find a hypothetical maximum EBP value?

Can’t you just call “X = Maximum EBP” and then set up an equation to determine the increase a 4” provides over a 3.5”?

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
BTW, thats a very low miles 7.3 PSD.

What kind of modifications are you planning to make and how much money do you plan to budget?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2002 7.3 Turbodiesel with 125 k miles and I have been trying to find out what I’m the world is the stock exhaust back pressure reading? I’ve been trying to search it everywhere but nothing will tell me on line!! PLEASE HELP OUT!!! :( I’ve been trying to help my brother figure it out we are trying to do the math from modifications from stock to 4 in straight pipe and 4 inch downpipe
If it helps at all my 2001 7.3 came stock with just a muffler and no cat. I've heard some different model years had cats. I've had it for all but it's first year. The muffler rusted through so I had it removed and replaced it with the original size pipe. It's somewhat louder but sounds good. I can tell no difference in the performance mileage or anything for the last two years. 210,000 miles. It's a camper hauler and daily driver. It has a super tuner but otherwise, the turbo and engine are original and never altered or replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts