The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 7.3 for around 18 years now. Back in 2003 the dealer flashed the PCM because it kept blowing transmissions. They said it was the same code as what they ran in the Excursions. It felt like I lost power after that. What is the best OEM program for my? The truck only has around 160k on it. I do 3500 mile oil changes. I run an Air Dog, OEM upgraded extreme duty air cleaner, ATS turbo ported intake, TS Performance 4 position chip and ATS stage 4 trans.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had the VDH-5 which was the latest and didn't like it either. Lost power and economy. I don't like the shifts either with the VDH-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've had my 7.3 for around 18 years now. Back in 2003 the dealer flashed the PCM because it kept blowing transmissions. They said it was the same code as what they ran in the Excursions. It felt like I lost power after that. What is the best OEM program for my? The truck only has around 160k on it. I do 3500 mile oil changes. I run an Air Dog, OEM upgraded extreme duty air cleaner, ATS turbo ported intake, TS Performance 4 position chip and ATS stage 4 trans.
I am assuming you have a Cali truck with the Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM)? If so, the best stock tune would probably be NMC1.

However, if you are running a TS chip, it is overriding whatever flash you have on the PCM.

I would say the VDH-4

I had the VDH-5 which was the latest and didn't like it either. Lost power and economy. I don't like the shifts either with the VDH-5

Looks like he has a 99, so VDH would not work on his PCM.

He is also in Cali so the truck is likely a Cali model. Another reason VDH would not work for him.

VDH is for 02-03 Federal Auto trucks only.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
FYI aftermarket tuning completely overrides whatever is on the Pcm.

The stock tune sucks. Trans shifting is too soft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts