The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Shop time can vary from 28-30+ hrs. Not a cheap prodject to do studs, egr or oil cooler. But best money spent would be at once since to do studs everything is going to be out.

^ Is a rolling dictionary O.O, Can you follow me in real life please. Im not joking i would pay you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shop time can vary from 28-30+ hrs. Not a cheap prodject to do studs, egr or oil cooler. But best money spent would be at once since to do studs everything is going to be out.
soo your saying do all of that while your putting the studs in? that will be what for a total around $2800-$3500??/ no clue haha

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
What I am saying is this. The oil cooler which is prone to failure is in the valley of the engine block twards the front under the oil filter. For access you must pull the turbo, egr cooler, up pipe, intake, upper fuel bowl etc. (Not a quick easy task)
The head studs require you to pull pretty much the exact same items yet you don't have to remove the oil cooler to do studs/ headgaskets.
That being said if you don't have a fairly new oil cooler and your planning on doing studs to your truck it is a lot less labor to do it as a prevenative vs. A after thought. Essentially you would save the added labor of tearing it back down that far. Adding the egr delete shouldn't add any time since it is already on the list of parts to remove and reinstall..
I talked to a shop in houston that wanted $4000 turn key. This came with a warrantee and they surfaced heads and made sure everything was right. A place around here said 2850 if I supply the hard parts. They would do the machine work etc and get it right. A ford tech told me $1000 and he would do it in his drive way in a weekend.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts