The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it and what does ICP stand for?

I'm trying to look it up on ALL DATA PRO.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Injector control pressure sensor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
the icp is on the hpop cover under your turbo. its on the driver side of the cover. You can look at it if you pull your intake.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually since its an 2006 it will be on the passenger side valve cover.
I think only the 03s and some early 04s had it under the turbo.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What happens if that goes out?
When mine went out it ran kinda rough, and started hard when it was cold, but it really ran the same as before once warm. I drove it for about a month before I finally replaced it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
JD, when mine went out, my truck would surge occasionally. But the worst is, while sitting at a red light, the truck would surge hard and try to push me out into the intersection if you didn't keep foot on the brake! It never coded, ford couldn't find out what was wrong, they kept it for a week! I call my company fleet manager and explained what would cause this and he said the company quit sending the trucks to ford and just changed the ICP sensor themself because they couldn't wait a week for the truck. Ford finaly changed mine when i said that if it pushed me into the entersection and i wrecked with someone they could get ready! The dealer immediately changed it! Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My truck is sputtering at WOT. So, I was thinking that the injectors were not firing correctly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts