The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're looking at the driver's side. What is this tube in the center of the pics? I noticed today that it's a bit oily/wet, more toward the bottom than the top (can't really see in the pics). Issue or not? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Power steering hose. I can't tell if its the pressure line or return line though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Looks like it might be a power steering hose. It looks like their is a little oil/fluid on the outside of the pump.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like the pressure side of power steering. The return side has radiator style hose clamps and it usually comes from the front crossmember where there is a cooling loop.

·
Registered
694 Posts
With certainty it is the power steering high pressure line, shaft seal may be geting weak on either the steering box or pump, more oil on side wall then on pump points to the box, more on the hose and pump indicates pump.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks y'all. A few times a week I hear a creaking/slipping noise when turning at idle like something isn't getting lubed. The fluid level is good, and was flushed a couple years ago. I might be needing a new pump soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The pressure lines will start to weep before they fail, the whining noise is common with this type of pump and it may last a long time before going out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts