The Diesel Stop banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts
I suspect the leak is from the coast clutch to the overdrive clutch. It would only leak when the coast clutch is pressurized, and that's in M1 and M2, plus 1, 2, and 3 with the OD OFF.

I suspect the leak is from the coast clutch to the overdrive clutch. It would only leak when the coast clutch is pressurized, and that's in M1 and M2, plus 1, 2, and 3 with the OD OFF.
I see. My M2 seems to be ok. Also, as of now there is no controller plugged into the solenoid connector, just full limp. Does it need to be plugged in to check the manual 1 drag? Thanks again

You can't do the test I outlined above without a controller.

I just remembered something that's relevant from way back in my memory. The forward clutch drum can't handle max pressure for very long before it blows apart. Running with no controller in M1 puts max pressure in the forward drum. Either stop doing this or expect your trans to blow apart soon.

The controller isn't commanding enough line pressure for reverse. Is this a Ford controller or an aftermarket?

Well I have three forward gears and a semi-weak reverse . The manual one works OK now . The overdrive light turns off and on with the switch but I may hardwire that circuit for the TCC control . I believe my 2001 computer is designed for a PWM converter . I have a standard converter set up. hey also do not have a throttle potentiometer hooked up yet so it changes three gears very fast.

What trans was in it before? Is this computer from the old trans?

The 4R100 computer isn't going to work with an E4OD. It need both turbine speed and output speed sensors or it is going to be in limp mode all the time.

Well, I wired in a 94 TECA which is just an OEM controller for the IDI. I still have a weak reverse unless unplugged. Any ideas? Do I need a TPS to control EPC in reverse or is that just a control for shift patter? I did not wire a TPS yet .. thanks

The TPS does have an input for pressure in reverse.

right now, all i have wired in is the baro sensor and OSS. On a 94, does the ECU use OSS or VSS in the rear for shifting? Now it will not shift 1-2-3 like with the 4r100 controller and reverse slips. Do you know what exactly controls epc for reverse?

EPC in reverse is controlled by engine RPM and TPS. The '94 will use VSS for shifting, there was no OSS on a '94.

please tell me how to get a controller to work on an e4od. I have a 94 teca and a pcs aftermarket . How can i simulate the correct signals for the 4r100 computer
? with the 4r100 , i had 3 forwARD GEARS AND WEAK REVERSE. Can i wire a tps to the 4r100 controller?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.