The Diesel Stop banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Well i wired the rpm sensor and tps sensor and i have a strong reverse, Thanks a lot. It will not shift 1-2-3 on its own with the 94 controller, so I'm guessing I need a VSS instead of OSS like I have now. Can I use the vss signal from the rear end of the 01 truck for a vss?

That should work.
It worked Mark. Thanks for all the help. I have 3 gears so far and a strong reverse. I will fabricate an overdrive switch now.
Will this 94 TECA controller bypass the coast clutch correctly when the OD is enabled?

Also, it has a very firm engagement in all the gears. Is that normal for a new transmission? I have all the sensors plugged in now. The TPS, RPM, VSS and barometric sensors

Maybe because of the clutches used? I installed max clutch discs in all with HD drums and 3 OD discs.

Without an overdrive switch installed the software will default to overdrive enabled. I don't know why you are not getting overdrive.
The 94 TECA knows to not turn on the coast clutch solenoid when in fourth gear.

Ok Mark, this is weird. It did not shift before I tapped the vss wire . After connecting the wire, it started shifting 3 gears. Now I just remembered I forgot to plug the VSS sensor back in when i was testing it at the rear end.

I don't understand how it shifts with just the wire tapped and the sensor not plugged in. Maybe just using RPM of engine ?

If the VSS signal is missing it will shift by RPM.

Low pressure caused by the lack of input signals. Limp mode raises the pressure.

HI Mark. I guess either my intermediate clutch or band may be sticking. In drive I have a slight drag when going from reverse to drive, then lets go and normal. In man 1 , i feel drag but not so much. Kinda weird. Any ideas? Only first or Man 1, but first gear only sticks momentarily

Unplugged solenoid pack has the same symptoms
Isn't this where we started? And have you forgotten this post?
I just remembered something that's relevant from way back in my memory. The forward clutch drum can't handle max pressure for very long before it blows apart. Running with no controller in M1 puts max pressure in the forward drum. Either stop doing this or expect your trans to blow apart soon.

Well i jacked up the axle and i have all 4 speeds . i cannot figure out manual 1 . it idles ok and moves in man 1 , but stepping on the accelerator is like stepping on brakes . in drive it starts like that for a second when i shift from reverse to drive , then moves normally and goes through all the gears with solid shifts.

it seems to shift perfectly, maybe somewhat harsh, but not bad,through all the gears. I took a picture of my checkballs before putting it together. I just checked the schematic again and the checkballs are correct. It shows 9 balls for a 95..

Well i just studied the solenoid operation and the 4r100/E4OD both need solenoid 1 engaged for manual 1 . My problem was solenoid 1 was not engaging in man1 when checked with a meter. However I was getting the .7 volts from the mlps in manual1position. I swapped the PCM out now Manual 1 works great. This tells me that an unplugged solenoid connector will not let the transmission work/ in manual like everyone thinks,ss1 needs 12 volt for man1 . unplugged , the solenoids are both off and is equivalent to man 2... So, in Manual one unplugged , this transmission will combine 1 and 2 clutches and drag.

However, now I have weak reverse just like the problem with the 4r100 pcm plugged in. This also tells me i have an epc problem in reverse ..

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.