The Diesel Stop banner
81 - 81 of 81 Posts
So I have no idea if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, but I have a 94 Bronco with an automatic E40D. My upshifting, especially uphill, had been acting up for a while now. It had been hesitating to shift from 1st to 2nd, lurching hard into 2nd when it did shift, usually at about 2500-3000 rpm. Now this past Friday, five days ago, the old gal just decided she didn't want to go anymore. I drove home from work, about 25 minutes from the house, parked, and about an hour later, started up the truck and left. Maybe 100 yards down the road, after accelerating from a stop sign, she revved up, then the rpm dropped to 0. Now, when I accelerate from D, she revs to about 1200-1500, then drops, over and over again, under any variance of the throttle. Just rev, drop, rev, drop, rev, drop. No shift. Always at the same rpm. But if I put it into 1st or 2nd, it drives, just fine. I have been researching this transmission for quite a while now, and have learned quite a bit, thought I had the problem figured out, but now, I just don't know. Also, some information that I have found related in some articles.... My driver side tail light does not work, I have not checked yet to see if it is just the bulb or the cluster or what. The 4x4 lights came on recently and will not go off. I do not believe (though have not physically checked) that my 4x4 is engaging when I attempt to. My overdrive seems to work. No lights are flashing on the instrument panel. If anyone is still watching this thread, please help. I do not want to take it to a disreputable shop (my only choice in the area), and get screwed over. I am having the codes checked tomorrow morning (first day off since the truck stopped shifting). The check engine light does come on, randomly while driving, then goes off on its own. I attributed this for a long time to the fact that the guy I bought it from had the exhaust replaced minus the cats. Also, the transmission was rebuilt in February 2014.

81 - 81 of 81 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.