The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried a cover that fits 14.5 to 15.5 and that thing would not go on. What size do I need? The one I got came from an auto parts store, will I have to go to Ford?
P.S. I don't have a tape handy and you guys are the next best thing.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Don't have a tape handy either, but when I drive in the usual 10 and 2 method, my hands are approximatly 13 1/2" apart. So acording to the math, 360 deg/12 = 30. 30x2=60, 30x10=300. 300+30=330 deg negative seperation. 360-330= 30 deg possitive seperation.
Now take 30 deg possitive seperation, plus 1 steering wheel, and divide 2 hands. 30+1=31, 31/2=15.5.

Should be approximately 15 1/2". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
Mine is 15 + 5/16"

I can't believe anyone smart enough to drive a PSD doesn't carry a good tape measure in the toolbox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
They make them 15 + 5/16 to keep folks from driving in hand cuffs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif That extra 5/16 is the key

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bet the one you have will fit, just not the way you are trying to install it. Took a while to figure it out on mine too.

Instead of trying to stretch it around the wheel, twist it on. Place the open side of the cover on the inside of the wheel and rotate it around as you go around the wheel.

It took a lot of "talking" before I found the magic words and the cover just went right on. Cuss long enough and you get to the right words.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I ordered a "Wheelskin" from www.genosgarage.com. It was hard to get on, but once I did and stiched it all was good. Great product, my 3rd one - 3 trucks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got it on, but it did take some "talking too".....
I'll have to make sure and put a tape measure in once I get the truck all set up..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed the same thing, bought a Ford wheel cover, and went beast mode to get mine on.... let the mayhem madness ouuut

1 - 10 of 10 Posts