The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at my next mod for the truck in my sig, and I'm torn between a wicked wheel 2 or an F5 from DP. I know there is a big price difference between the two, but I think the best bang for the buck would be the chip.

Uppipes are clean and tight, no boost leaks; 16-18 lbs max boost and everything is pretty much stock; just wished it spooled a little quicker. A good peak at the turbo blades when I updated my boots shows them nice and clean; minimal wear and no damage.

The truck is a great running machine, with 200K on the clock. I'm pretty anal about maintenance, but have the bug to tinker; 27+ years as an Air Force mechanic will do that :icon_wink:

Thoughts?

TIA,
Scott

·
Registered
382 Posts
Good luck Green2D. I'm right there with you on the DP tune. I'd love to have the Infinity but the price is killin me right now.

I'll be interested to see what you decide.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Get the F5 night and day difference.You could always find a used sct x3 programmer and get tunes burned to it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I'm looking at my next mod for the truck in my sig, and I'm torn between a wicked wheel 2 or an F5 from DP. I know there is a big price difference between the two, but I think the best bang for the buck would be the chip.

Uppipes are clean and tight, no boost leaks; 16-18 lbs max boost and everything is pretty much stock; just wished it spooled a little quicker. A good peak at the turbo blades when I updated my boots shows them nice and clean; minimal wear and no damage.

The truck is a great running machine, with 200K on the clock. I'm pretty anal about maintenance, but have the bug to tinker; 27+ years as an Air Force mechanic will do that :icon_wink:

Thoughts?

TIA,
Scott
You'll notice a big difference with a DP chip and the new WW2 is quite impressive too. Before you go too far, make sure your transmission is up to handling the added horsepower and torque...or put aside funds for a rebuild. :yesnod:

Griz

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
DP just sent me tunes for mine and SCT just did a repair on mine also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
While I like my dp tunes if I had it to do again I would go with a php hydra chip. Not only do you get access to 16 or so tunes with purchase of chip you can run other peoples tunes on it. Rumor has it possibly even dp tunes in the near future.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments! Looks like I'm going to go with the chip. Now it's just a matter of which one :dunno:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pulled the trigger on a PHP Hydra today!

Next weekend should be fun!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
dont waist the time with the f5 chip from DP, if u plan on future mods just get the F6 chip, makes easier to reprogram the tunes

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Pulled the trigger on a PHP Hydra today!

Next weekend should be fun!
Excellent choice, you wont regret it. Your egts will be lower as well

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Impatiently waiting!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Idea

Have PHP burn you one program on your computer (you send it in, they burn and send back) and get the wwII.

the burn is cheap. I got the 65HP tow. good for all around and towing.

Terry

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Hydra is programmed an installed.

IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!

Holy crap, I knew there would be a difference, but WOW, what a difference!

Scott

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Lol, glad you like it! Yes a good chip/tune will really wake these trucks up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts