The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I had to put a transmission in at 81k miles. Victim of Ford's decision to use a mechanical diode in the '01 Superduty. Certainly a big ticket repair. I was unhappy to have pay that bill but I'm very happy with my truck otherwise.
So sorry about your transmission. Glad to hear that you're very happy with it otherwise.

I guess I got incredibly lucky with my truck. Just hope I don't jinx myself by bragging about it though. I got the forged rods plus no mechanical diode. So far it has been running great, and I'm over 250,000 miles already. Pulls my 14,000 lb toyhauler up any hill I have been able to find, and doesn't slow down to less than 55 mph. And I have keep it 100% stock, doesn't even need a tuner. And here's the surprise bonus. I had been thinking for years that I probably should get the 6.0 cooler, even though my truck is 100% stock. Then one day a couple of years ago, I was looking under my truck, and noticed that it already has the 6.0 transmission cooler, and I didn't even know that it was there. Obviously, the previous owner must have installed it. I'm glad that I didn't order it, since it is already there.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts