The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about letting my 97 go and wondering what I should ask for it? You guys know these trucks are not your ordinary 21 year old pickups.

Only reason to even consider it is because I need a 4 x 4 now that I have property in the mountains, the kids are grown, and hauling a trailer is in the past.

235K on it but it's in good to excellent condition, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country. I bought it new, so I know everything in it's history.

In Phoenix all it's life, so rust is non-existent. I've seen ads for 10, 12, to 15K, but does anyone actually get that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 97 f350 4x4 dually dump last may with 168000 on it....rusty, leaky, rough, stinky....all of the above. I paid 6500. I am in VT and we have messy winters and the road crews use a fair bit of salt , so our trucks get rusted out fast. being 2 wheel drive you might not get top dollar in VT but I feel like in VT, a truck like yours from AZ with no rust would see around $7500- $8000
just my thoughts... good luck on you sale, and as we all know its loads of fun to look at new trucks, its the buying part that sucks...haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts