The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a discussion with John M. I have willingly removed my link to my business/personal website. While up to about 3 hours ago I sold nothing on-line, the site was still an advertisement for my business even though it contained as much content about my town and my hobbies as it did my store. It is totally understandable that my site was unacceptable. In all fairness, because I am now selling products online, I removed my link from all my signature lines in all my posts. (no small task
)

I modified and moved the personal part of my website, the pages with all my snowmobile stuff, to another web address. There is still some concern with my site, however, because it includes links to other snowmobile sites and some commercial snowmobile sites.

I hate to single out Carpentractor, but his site also includes links to commercial sites. Hell, almost every photo link in people's signature line include some form of advertising.

I guess I need the word from the MAN (Jason) on what is allowed to be on a personal website that is linked in our signature. For example, http://www.mtaonline.net/~mhbs/Moorefamily , is my new personal website, is it acceptable?

(John M., the only reason I brought this to the public forum, rather than e-mailing this, is that I think everyone needs to know what's acceptable)

Thanks,

Doug

[This message has been edited by Alaska Doug (edited 05-17-2000).]

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, and one last thing. If I buy advertising here (I'm seriously considering it) will I be able to put my business like back in my signature like Bob Riley does?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Here, like this:

SASRKBA freedom Scottsbluff Cowboy Shooter QUACK QUACK

All you have to do is go to the end of each link (after the [/url] part) and hit [Delete]. This brings the beginning of the next one right next to the end of the first one. Now, just add a space to spread things out.

------------------
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
'99.5 F350 CC DRW LWB Lariat, APCM, Triple Gauge Pillar, Transfer Flow 50g Aux Tank, Pullrite 25.5K, Turbo Temp Monitor, Stull Grille. Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

[This message has been edited by spepin (edited 05-18-2000).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts