The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
????I havent been on in a while but want to do the upgrade,any help would be appreciated,thanks

· Registered
1,069 Posts
what are your skills? can you weld, and fab up brackets and pipes?

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes to all,but i would rather buy the wye pipe(I think) any Instructional sites on How to?thanks

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one has done this upgrade????I thought I remebered quite a few people have done it a year ago???

· Registered
504 Posts
I just installed a 6oh intercooler using GTS pipe kit. Really straight forward if ya don't wanna do the cutting and welding to fab pipes. A few pics below......

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you!How hard/long did it take?Did you buy an intercooler from a later model truck and where did you get the piping?thanks again

· Registered
504 Posts
Took about 8 hours to install alone. The intercooler came out of a 6.0 powerstroke. The pipes and spyder came from GTS.

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does GTS have a website?thanks

· Registered
6,006 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
OK I cheated a bit but here is what i did to cool my EGT's and it has worked well for me... after this install I took the same trip that I had 2 weeks before with about the same weather and load.. my temps were about 200 degrees cooler... I was very surprised... but it has worked well for me...
Click here to see what I did ...
Took about 4 hours and cost about $20 bucks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Good numbers! Since the super dootie guys have something similair with the Zoodad, I guess we'll be calling yours the "Quad-Mod" for the OBS trucks.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

· Registered
762 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
OK I cheated a bit but here is what i did to cool my EGT's and it has worked well for me... after this install I took the same trip that I had 2 weeks before with about the same weather and load.. my temps were about 200 degrees cooler... I was very surprised... but it has worked well for me...
Click here to see what I did ...
Took about 4 hours and cost about $20 bucks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that came around about 2 or 3 years ago, but yes it DOES help EGTS. More than you would think.

· Registered
123 Posts
I try to bring it back to live every once in a while.. it really does make a difference and is a lot easier and cheaper than an intercooler and did I mention faster to do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guy for the help,I will do more research before i tackle the project.Too bad someone hasnt fab'ed a housing for the homemade Tymar and piped it out the fron bumper.I'll ponder that as well.Has anyone moved the tymar filter to the outside of their engine bay?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.