The Diesel Stop banner

241 - 260 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
My most recent update:

326,000 miles-injector driver module and injector #8.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The original injector driver finally gave up the ghost...in my driveway...still goin...

·
Registered
14 Posts
2002 F250 Repairs

@100k - Hub Assembly (2), Ball Joints
@5yrs to the day - Batteries
@lightning strike - new CPM
@150k - HPOP O-rings
@160k - Fuel pump
@180k - Starter
@185k - Batteries (almost 5 more years)

Expected upcoming:
Water pump, Turbo, Hub Assembly, Ball Joints

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have an 02 and it has 230k on it.

@ 72k water pump and idler arm (warranty)
@ 80k Turbo Pedistal o-rings
@ 90k CPS (warranty)
@ 99,998 miles Ball Joints (warranty)
@ 185k Flexplate counter weight broke off (I pulled trans and replaced)
@ 190k Driveshaft imbalance (rebalanced)
@ 200k Trailer wiring issue...broke wire and loose fuse
@ 200k Sealed hubs, Ball Joints and axle u-joints
@ 220k All tie rods replaced.
@ 230k Transmission...I pulled it and replaced with a BTS

At 100k I started modding the truck. Lift, tires, chip, exhaust, filter. It has really been a good truck. Other stuff like batteries, brake, normal maintenance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
70,000 miles.

A hpop fitting came loose at 35,000 miles.

end

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
331,250: coolant overflow tank got a crack somehow and developed leak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Starting to notice a bit more oil consumption and leaks, most likely due to increased engine blow-by. Still, not bad for a truck that has spent most it's life pulling the Siskiyou's and the Grapevine...all on dino oil...

·
Registered
918 Posts
bought with 152k on her when i was a senior in high school. just hit 206k. got her home from buying her and was spewing oil out the high pressure o rings. so far ive done:
right front wheel bearing
two new batts 4 months ago
water pump/coolant filter
ELC coolant.
all ball joints
rear pinion seal
diff fluid a few times due to me muddin her
tranny flush
DIY bypass sys.
bellowed up pipes.
riff raff frx

just other general mods and junk. and i dont take it easy on it. runs better than when i bought it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
'02 w/245k , ball joints and trans at 200k (trans was orig) 1 alt. , batts, turn sig switch, headlight switch. shocks when bought at 158k. sold and waiting on new owner to pick up. 2012 on order, the wait is kill'n me!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
230,000 miles. CPS, alternator, clutch, normal fluids, filters and tires. Plus one electrical gremlin that turned out to be a shorted wire.
I guess time flies when you're having fun. I'm around 384,000 miles now. Lot's more oil changes. Finally got around to ball joints, carrier bearing and stuff like that. I've been reading about the new 6.7's and how an HPFP (fuel pump) failure ends up costing around $10,000 to repair. When my fuel pump died, it cost me around $115.00. Seems like progress is going in the wrong direction. Makes it hard to let go of these motors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2002 F250 106K, I have replace a cigar lighter socket, security module (warranty) alternator, brake pads, fuel filter bowl o rings, u joints, thermostat housing, tires, oil changes, tranny fluid change, CPS, batteries, filters, ball joints, shocks. The stuff in bold is what wore out.

·
Registered
918 Posts
just stuck a new starter on her today. went with a gear reduction unit. sucker spins so fast!!!. got tired of having to hammer on the old one to get her to fire up haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
215,000 on my 03 and 1 waterpump and 1 alternator at 200,000 on the dot.

Ball joints, breaks, new fluids, ect.

great motor and good trucks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mileage & Repairs

198800 miles cam sensor, oil line orings, brake/throttle pedal recall.
Bake pads @ 134k cruz switch recall. Water drain valve orings. Still averages 20 mpg hyway.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Approaching 600,000 kms on mine, repairs have been minimal - ball joints, brakes, idler tensioner, alternators (a few), starters (2), hpop seals, fuel bowl o-rings, glow plugs (recent), cps, pass side steel fuel line, and that's about it. Best vehicle I've owned by far, I was expecting at least a tranny by now (my '92 went through 3 E40D's)

And not a single u-joint yet, I've NEVER seen a vehicle's driveline be so trouble free before! (probably should not have said that..)

Oh, and rear shocks, (all 4 need changing again now) a few sets of calipers and heater fan motor, and new rotors are on the spring to-do list..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Approaching 600,000 kms on mine, repairs have been minimal - ball joints, brakes, idler tensioner, alternators (a few), starters (2), hpop seals, fuel bowl o-rings, glow plugs (recent), cps, pass side steel fuel line, and that's about it. Best vehicle I've owned by far, I was expecting at least a tranny by now (my '92 went through 3 E40D's)

And not a single u-joint yet, I've NEVER seen a vehicle's driveline be so trouble free before! (probably should not have said that..)

Oh, and rear shocks, (all 4 need changing again now) a few sets of calipers and heater fan motor, and new rotors are on the spring to-do list..
Wow, original injectors?! Damn.... if so tell us how you got them to go so long :)

241 - 260 of 455 Posts