The Diesel Stop banner
441 - 457 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
347,000 Saturday July 25 replaced both front brake calipers. Right side over heated and locked up on the road.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ball joints
Water pump before 100k --- Leaking again so it seems!
Transmission a little over 100k
Having some issues now with brakes...

Seems there is an issue with my CAC ducts... intercooler duct???

Went through 5 Cam Position Sensors before they resolved the issue! Wow this one pissed me off! each one around 25k

--
195k miles on her!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
dont feel like writing a story haha.

most recent items within the last year have been

rebuilt turbo

new hpop lines

new trans pan (drain plug stripped by PO tired of taking pan off and making a mess)

New fuel drain valve

and its time for another oil change :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Repairs thus far 2002 F250

185 K on the clock. I have replaced downpipes, injector cups, hoses, steering gear, degas bottle, turbo pedestal gaskets, hpop oil pipes, hpop o rings, exhaust turbo back, glow plug relay, CAC hoses, CPS, ball joints, tie rod ends, alternator, starter, u joints. I think that's it. Oh and sway bar bushings and end links.

Hope this helps. They're good solid trucks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
WOW! What a thread.

2003 E-350 7.3 Aprox. 75,000 miles)

Batteries
Ball Joints
Wheel Bearings & grease seals
Brake Rotors (Front & Rear)
Brake Calipers (Front & Rear)
Complete brake fluid flush out
Complete Coolant fluid flush out.
CPS
Vacuum Pump
Rear solid brake line rotted through (repaired).
Body is rotting at wheel wells.(typical for age & location)
Tires (Third set!)
Will turn 100,000 aprox. Jan01, 2021 & be "legal age".
That means 18 years old. Enough to Vote & Die in war, BUT not to DRINK? That makes sense huh!

Seems pretty good for an almost 18 year old vehicle.​

·
Registered
12 Posts
Purchased this 03 in 2013....with 107,000 on the ODO. Since then I replaced all fluids, carrier bearing, shocks, went to all SS brake lines after the drivers side mainline broke at the fitting. Currently looking for a permanent fix for the fractured stabilizer bar bracket, which broke after being welded.
Have 124K on the ODO, and other than the aforementioned...just routine maintenance....and a few upgrades.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So since this is about the 7.3L. I'm looking at a 2003 with the 7.3 and I was wondering what I should be looking for on them, I'm new to diesels and really want one it as 103,000 miles with a farm license plate on it. What I'm scared about are the injectors and glow plugs but what I've seen on this thread was nothing really goes out at 100K LOL. Knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
So since this is about the 7.3L. I'm looking at a 2003 with the 7.3 and I was wondering what I should be looking for on them, I'm new to diesels and really want one it as 103,000 miles with a farm license plate on it. What I'm scared about are the injectors and glow plugs but what I've seen on this thread was nothing really goes out at 100K LOL. Knock on wood.
Welcome to TheDieselStop , you have posted in the wrong place but no matter , maybe one of the moderators will move it for you.
Don't be scared about buying a PSD 7.3 , there's plenty of information on here for you to :read: that will get you out of trouble if ever needed.
Good luck with the purchase.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I bought my '03 in 2004. It's got about 113,000 miles on it now. It's been relatively trouble free. All but the last mileage are estimates.

2004 - purchased with ~26,000 miles on the odometer
2006, ~50,000 miles - cracked flexplate (replaced under warranty), alternator failed (replaced under warranty, along with both batteries)
2006, ~51,000 miles - 2nd cracked flexplate (replaced again under warranty, torque converter determined to be at fault, torque converter replaced under warranty - no further problems)
2007, HPOP O-rings
2009, new batteries installed
2013, ~100,000 miles - front axle ball joints
2014, ~105,000 miles - new starter
2015, ~110,000 miles - new batteries installed, new brakes, replaced CPS after random stalling event
2015, ~113,000 miles - injector cups leaking, installed new cups & injector O-rings

·
Registered
1 Posts
e: Whats your mileage on your 7.3 ? and with what repairs???

2001 7.3 PSD, 250,000 4x4 Crew Cab, Short Bed

Got the truck right at 200,000. I'm convinced that the person who owned her before never did any preventative maintenance. Since then in order:

Door Lock Actuators all replaced.
All glow plugs replaced.
Transmission rebuild
High Pressure Oil Pump replaced.
Rear Drive Shaft rebuild due to failing U-Joints (the SOB never greased them. I highly advise getting under your girl and making sure she's all lubed up from time to time.)
Engine Rear Main Seal replaced.
Transmission front main seal replaced.
Transmission Oil Pan and Seal replaced.
Turbocharger Hoses replaced.

Repairs planned for:
Replace all u-joints on front drive shaft, both front wheel shafts.
Replace brake rotors with higher quality rotors
Replace muffler and exhaust pipe.

I thoroughly plan on watching the odometer click over to 1,000,000.

·
Registered
130 Posts
303,000 miles
Door actuators
Alternator
Shocks
Ball Joints
Shimmy Damper
Injector O-rings
Starter
Glow Plugs
Brake Rotors, front and rear

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
It took me a long time to find it too, howdy do o'l mate!
I guessing it put down to good old maintenance, services, clean fuel and looking after your belongings!

G'day guy's i'm back!! :)

Reactions: aclasshog and NYB
441 - 457 of 457 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.