The Diesel Stop banner

141 - 160 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
105k. I have replaced a lot of things but the only things I have replaced because it was broken are

rear pinion seal @ 20k
1st alt @ 25k
gas pedal @ 60k
2nd alt @ 75k
1 lock actuator @ 77k

I changed the CPS at the same time as the gas pedal because the symptoms are similar and I need to rule out one to know its the other. Also CPS is cheap and I now have spare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1999 F250, 4WD, 7.3 Ltr, 138K..Well here goes..6 spd stick rebuilt, clutch replaced w t/o bearing, PCM replaced, 2 glow plugs ( so replaced all 8), fuel filter, fuel pump, brake rotor was hung up..so replaced both on the rear and now the water seperator is leaking. (have kit on the way). Not all of this happened at once but over time. I use a Quadzilla Performance Chip (Towing). seems to work well. Only in for a couple of weeks. Getting about 19-20 mpg, not towing. Still love the damned truck though...Lee

·
Registered
754 Posts
'99 F250 4x4 105k
new hpop at 35k
new clutch at 80k (which it didn't need. it just needed a new master cylinder)
new cluch master cylinder and clutch at 81.5k (it's a long story)
new ipc at 105k

·
Registered
19 Posts
2001 F350 4x4 Crew Cab short bed.

162,000 miles, with 17.5 MPG avg
Mods include a Superchip program, Bilstien shocks, AFE air cleaner, and 4" turbo back exhaust.

Repairs:
Transmission rebuild at 80k
CPS (had a spare in the glove box)
left front hub
ball joints,
block heater.

I do a lot of business with oil and gas producers so this truck has seen alot of dirt roads. It is still tight and a joy to drive.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
2003 owned since new 104,000 miles presently
Item repaired or replaced:
CPS at 50k
Power Steering Line at about 65k
Original SteelTex tires at 80K (I got great service from those tires)
Both batteries at 5 yrs and about 85K
HPOP o-rings at 87K
Brakes at 98k
Get about 16.5 mpg city highway combined
oh and a 2008 tailgate installed a few months ago after I backed into my mailbox.....

·
Banned
70 Posts
172,658 on a 2000 F250SD 7.3L 4x4

According to service records and previous owner when I purchased it, upgraded Exhaust, Intake, and Turbo. Only problems has been batteries, one alternator, and the bloody compressor clutch not engaging.

Oh yeah, Apparently the Fuel Filter wasn't changed like Ford said it was. Had the original OEM unit installed (how I don't know) died in the middle of the freeway one day thing was coated in algae.

I've had some issues with door seals but they were minor had to purchase new clips. Other than that everything is a okay.

Oh and it is a 80% of the time heavy trailer puller.

****9-4-2009 Fuel Pump (Frame Mounted) went out. Limped it home, going to install new one tonight.

·
Registered
400 Posts
684,377 miles. 1 set of injectors, 2 waterpumps, 3 alternators, 1 starter, 2 CPS, 1 IPR,2 sets glow plugs, 2GPR, 1 turbo, 1 Tranny, fixed for good with a BTS, u-joints, 2 sets diff bearings,1 fuel pump,2 sets of rotors, and pads front and rear, 4 sets of rancho shocks f&r, gotta love lifetime warranties, ICP sensor, and preperation H.
----- ,highway,I see you are now at over 804,000 mile's,how's the BTS holding up???? and have you put you put any new part's on lately????,can't beat a 7.3 PSD.

·
Registered
37 Posts
102,000 miles, replaced brake pads at 60,000. Runs great, all belts and hoses probably should be replaced but look good. Main drive belt looks great, no cracks or splits. Pull a 32' fifth wheel trailer quite often. Truck has been serviced as scheduled. Oil change every 3000 miles. Am going to change the rear end fluid this month.
Probably the best truck that I have ever owned and at 72 years old will be the last diesel I will own. Built Ford Tough.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
----- ,highway,I see you are now at over 804,000 mile's,how's the BTS holding up???? and have you put you put any new part's on lately????,can't beat a 7.3 PSD.
The BTS is still doing great with over 400K miles. I changed the ring and pinion recently, it had just a little wear pattern, it was time. Replaced u-joints, carrier bearing, and had the shafts balanced, new front rotors, and pads, replaced alternator, front wheel bearings. That is the pretty much everything, I can remember off hand. Still strokin.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The BTS is still doing great with over 400K miles. I changed the ring and pinion recently, it had just a little wear pattern, it was time. Replaced u-joints, carrier bearing, and had the shafts balanced, new front rotors, and pads, replaced alternator, front wheel bearings. That is the pretty much everything, I can remember off hand. Still strokin.
------------------,we have the same truck except for the 4X4 on your's and mine's still a virgin at 77,000 mile's,no doubt you truck will make the millon mile mark but i have one question for you based on my family's experience (BAD) with the 6.Oh Oh's,one son 39 & and one son 30, egr sticking, egr cooler's, sticking turbo's, cracked Y pipe's,BTW,they have two different set's of Y pipe's for the 2004 6.Oh Oh's,my son's has been in the shop for 2 week's and they just keep throwing part's at the thing, the cab in the air 6.4 and fuel millage = to a V10 is no winner for sure, IF you ever wear that 7.3 out what will you replace it with???.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
poppie, you sure ask the hard questions. What will I replace "old reliable" with, I really don't know, and there are not any good reliable choices. I still prefer the Ford truck, but they don't have a good, reliable diesel motor. I hate to say this but, the 2010 Dodge crew cab dually looks good in the pictures. I just can't see me owning a Dodge, especially with the merge with Fiat. I keep coming up with the same answer, none of the above. Hopefully, "old reliable" has many miles in it's future.

·
Registered
155 Posts
137700 miles, average about 14.5 mpg
Just replaced the factory serpentine belt, figured I would do it since I had an Idler pulley failure... I siezed up and fell off the truck and I ran over it...LOL
Other repairs:
Water pump at 92,000
Altenator around 100,000
Fuel Filter o-rings at 105,000
HPOP o-rings at 115,000
3rd set of tires at 125,000
Idler pulley (top by AC) 137,700 & belt

·
Registered
231 Posts
1993 - F250 - 7.3 turbo (non-power stroke)

GP relay - water pump - oil cooler reseal - clutch (previous owner) all u-joints - rear seal (seal good diff vent line clogged blew seal) - starter replace - fan clutch - ignition switch -

All told not much for such a great truck. Biggest problem is listening to the wife complain about the smell. (I just told her she was jealous).

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
316,000 and had to replace a 1 lugnut.

For real the only engine work I have had to do is replace 3 water pumps, glow plugs and replace 1 IPR. I have never replaced anything on the engine. The rest of the truck is Ford have worked on every part. I have over 675,000 miles between the 3 trucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
126,000 miles. :thumbsup:

I have'nt replaced anything due to failure.

Just normal stuff that wears out. Tires, Hoses, Belts, Filters, Fluids etc...

So far, it's been a Great Truck. I would buy another one.

22 mpg Highway
20 mpg average (town & Hwy)

2002 XLT, CC, SRW, SCT Programmer, 4" Magnaflow, 3.73, 4R100...

·
Registered
374 Posts
176,000mi 2002 F250 4x4 extended cab with short bed

Repairs done
  • Flywheel (Starter chewed it up) $500, rented a lift and did myself
  • 2 starters - Myself, can't remember price of part...thinking ~$100
  • 1 alt - Myself ~$75
Repairs needed
  • Valve cover gaskets - Will do Myself
  • Front axle u-joints - ~$600, will have let Ford do this
  • LF inner axle seal - ~$400, will also have Ford do
  • A/C clutch or condiser (haven't narrowed it down yet) - Depends on whats wrong
  • Rear Diff cover gasket - Myself once I find a new diff cover I like
  • Trans pan gasket - Buddy's repair shop, I don't touch auto trans!
Repairs/upgrade & Fix wants
  • New cd player Alpine display unit - Repair, my cd player doesn't work
  • New BF Goodrich M/T KM2 tires - Repair, tires are bald and had one blow last week, on spare
  • Marker lights - Upgrade, truck didn't have these
  • 03 headlights and mirrors - Upgrade
Probably more than what you were looking for, but it seems like your doing some research about possibly buying a superduty with a 7.3L. Good choice...lol...I love this truck and I haven't been able to kill it yet (unless my mom or sister drive it and run it out of fuel >.<, lesson learned don't fall asleep on long trips!). I included the Repairs and upgrade wants to give you an idea of what you can do to older superduty's to update them and make them look newer while keeping a 7.3L!!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Truck in sig, 160,000 miles:
Throwout bearing
All idler pully bearings
Fan clutch
Clutch
Glowplugs
Ball joints
Tie rod
3 rear brake calipers