The Diesel Stop banner

161 - 180 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
poppie, you sure ask the hard questions. What will I replace "old reliable" with, I really don't know, and there are not any good reliable choices. I still prefer the Ford truck, but they don't have a good, reliable diesel motor. I hate to say this but, the 2010 Dodge crew cab dually looks good in the pictures. I just can't see me owning a Dodge, especially with the merge with Fiat. I keep coming up with the same answer, none of the above. Hopefully, "old reliable" has many miles in it's future.
---------------------------------------------, I still prefer the Ford truck, but they don't have a good, reliable diesel motor.----ya got that right,my son just got his 2004 F350 4 door dully 6.Oh Oh out of the shop today after 2 week's for sluggish take off from a standing start,empty or loaded,he was scared to cross the highway, he pulled out of an rv park in tenn on the way home from Illinois going up hill and thought he would need a tow up the hill,when he get's rolling it's fine!!!!, it is just about to go off warranty,he has 3 page's of part's that add up to better than $5000.00 with out labor, no one want's that bill out of warranty!!!!, he's now thinking of buying ford's ESP for $2700.00 for 3 year's,this on a truck that's totaly stock and "NEVER" get's beat with just over 60,000 mile's,he also has a slight bed plate leak but does not want the cab lifted for the fix so the leak stay's,I feel for you,your between the rock and the hard place,your truck is your bread & butter,my other son in Montana tell's me a company out there that does the cummin's conversion in a Ford now has a PCM to run the Ford automatic tran's,you can e mail him if you want here , [email protected] for more info,poppie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just did front rotors, calipers/pads, wheel bearings...551,606 miles...no motor work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
'99 F250 7.3L with 192,000 miles. I bought it at 173,000 a year ago and have only put a transmission in it by my own wrong doing. I got stuck and smoked the 1st gear clutch pack. It did have the original tranny and the shop said it had not been rebuilt. I am trying to figure put why my transfer case stopped working though. Surprisingly I don't even leak any oil from the gaskets. I have more problems with my wifes '04 Acura TSX than my truck.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't really remember mileage but I have changed: CPS,Water pump,TC (just because I used to tow a lot),front end links,pass. side injectors harness.
I have around 114k miles, which is nothing to a 7.3, but it runs like a champ and I do a lot of preventive maintenance to keep it that way, wanna drive it for at least 500k miles.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just did front rotors, calipers/pads, wheel bearings...551,606 miles...no motor work. :thumbsup:
Congrats!!! That is what I'm shooting for w/ mine, hopefully more,like 1000,000!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
172,000 cps,tranny rebuilt, fuel filter housing, waterpump, fuel tanks, shocks, rear springs.
but for 15 years old not to bad and still running strong.

·
Registered
60 Posts
98,500: cps recalled... that's it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
'02 DRW Crew.

Less than 500 Miles replaced the driveshaft
33K CPS
Truck currently has 49K miles and gets just over 16MPG average

·
Registered
171 Posts
121,390k new tires o-rings every 10 years batts every 3 years brakes every 2 years (with heavy towing) check my sig for more info

·
Registered
112 Posts
2000 SRW f350
~352,000

Waterpump @150K
CPS (actually went out days before the recall letter) @~250K
Ball Joints @ ~250K
Headlight harnesses both replaced through the years
Just put new battery cable ends on a couple of months ago

the leather on my drivers seat has just about had it

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
2001 F250 CC 4x4 LB

Batteries
Power Steering Pump
2 Starters
Drivers front hub and axle - Hub seized and ruined axle
Shifter
Overhead console
Front Sway bar bushings and links
Ball Joints
Rebuilt Tranny
Glow Plug Relay -not sure how many at this point
Brakes and tires
Normal Filters and Fluids
2 Power Door lock Actuators

·
Registered
47 Posts
235,000+ and the only things i've had to replace are 2 CPS's, 2 HPOP leaks. early on I had the #8 injector replaced (Cackle), 1 waterpump, and I currently have a code that I think is related to the UVCH but it starts cold, and have no performance issues, so I don't bother with it.

Other than that I have replaced the clutch fork and 2 clutches.

·
Registered
31 Posts
578,191...last week, the driver's rear axle shaft broke in half one mile from home. Pulled all 14,500lbs. truck/empty trailer with the wife's Explorer:nono::lol: pulled no problem, ground was level. Still fires up first crank with 29F temps, no oil consumption issues...

·
Registered
9 Posts
113k getting 13.3 in city and over 20 on highway
4 alternators
4 sets of batteries
drive shaft w/universal joints redone
induction cup change
two thermostats
radiator bottle
front bearing
remade the plug for block heater
now the power streering sounds like crap

·
Registered
35 Posts
2000 Ford F250 SD 4x4 With 215k. :ford::thup:

-new tranny at 195k
-new water pump
-batteries every 4 Years or so
-tires
-stabilizer bar links and bushings

Needs to be fixed soon
-($400)driver side ball joint getting some play. going to milk it out a little
-complete break job
-new air intake (performance)
-shocks
(I believe ford could of put a little better suspension parts on these trucks)

Over all been a very dependable truck starts every time:ford:

·
Registered
86 Posts
02 F250 4x4 6spd Lariat CC LWB 216K- just gets better with age:thup:

replaced clutch, upgraded suspension frt/rear, ball joints, alternator, starter, rear pinion seal, steering pump, batteries all replaced

·
Registered
90 Posts
:read:Early 99 322,000 miles

Injectors & Glow Plugs, 230,000
TRANS. 275,000
ECM x2 275, 315,000
Water Pump 306,000
IPR 319,000
Ball Joints 320,000

Three [email protected]^&#*!!!
:read:

·
Registered
129 Posts
2000 F-250 SD: 191k miles, alternator, 2 CPSs, shocks, ball joints, VSS, one (1) set of batteries, front calipers, brake lines. 15-16.5 mpg. I think the brake system sucks on these trucks, but I love everything else about it. It'll be my last truck...

MK160

·
Registered
31 Posts
...just turned over 600k...motor is still strong. Lunched another vacuum pump...

161 - 180 of 455 Posts