The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find the GPS module on a 2012 f350 king ranch with factory nav. Have half the dash apart and for the life of me can't find it. My wire schematic shows its above the radio but it's not there.

I'll attach a pic of what I'm looking for
Product Font Electronic device Technology Screenshot

· Registered
3 Posts
Does your schematic show the wire colors? You should be able to find that wire coming out of the radio and follow it. Good luck.

Another thought is that it may be in the puck on the roof.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Schematic doesn't show the wires... I pulled the dash out and still can't find the damn thing. Any ideas? Supposedly it's in the center of the dash towards the top but it's definitely not there.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up pulling the dash last night in search of it, obviously that was a gross waste of time, but I still can't find it. It's definitely not there behind the cluster. Would it for some reason be somewhere else or integrated into another module?
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper Gesture

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Bumper

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealership sent me this sketch, I found the bracket it'd attach to but the module isn't there. Any idea on why this truck wouldn't have it? I don't even see wires going to it.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Slope Font Parallel Transparency Diagram

· Registered
5,429 Posts
So, you never mentioned WHY you need to replace this module?

You did tell us that you have "2012 f350 king ranch with factory nav" - well, the reason you cannot find the GPSM is that your truck DOES NOT HAVE THAT MODULE. Ironically trucks without navigation do have this module as it provides vehicle location for real-time traffic reports and re-routing, and for identifying vehicle location in the event of a collision. Your factory navigation system is incorporated into the ACM (audio control module) and uses a dual GPS/SDRS antenna located on the roof.

Sooo, with that said, you are looking for a module that does not exist in your truck. Relist your module on eBay.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've gotta be kidding me. Wow that makes sense.
Reason I'm on the search for it is I bought the truck off auction with electrical damage. All hscan modules weren't communicating. Figured most of it out, got some back online, but abs module, pcm, and tcm are all toast. Last thing I was missing was the GPS didn't work, and when hooked to scanner it said the gpsm wasn't communicating, so I figured that module was toast as well being 3 others were also toast.

· Registered
5,429 Posts
Some scan tools - event the Ford IDS will list all possible modules the truck could have. For example, if I perform a network test - "optional modules" will show and failing if not present. You kinda have to know whether it's there or not... What sucks is that you spent a few days hunting for a module the truck does not have. Navigation related codes will be in the ACM (audio control module) and the APIM (accessory protocol interface module) as well as inputs from several other modules by way of the MS-CAN network.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts