The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! This is my first post on this forum. I just purchased an 86 F250 SuperCab with a transplanted 7.3 IDI. The VRV is broken and the PO has the vacuum line connected directly from the pump. Where can I buy a new VRV?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Stop.

Your probably going to have to scour the www as the C6 transmission in a diesel truck was discontinued in the 80's and repair parts aren't stocked for ever. I would try LMC truck on-line. If you can get a part number you can call a ford dealer, ask for parts and they can search inventory nation wide.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I just shipped the last one I had to Victoria Texas yesterday. Scoured ebay as I had seen one on there awhile back, it's gone. U-haul hasn't got one either. Your best bet is a junk yard now

When and if you do find one, make sure the drive pin on the throttle shaft is like the pic, pic shown is for a TPS , but the pin has to be the same way.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I dug out my VRV info. If you can't find one in a junk yard, you can have a dealer search nation wide, they can do that even if they say they can't'.

Here is the Ford PN For the VRV.
83 to 86 C6 GREEN CAM E5TZ7B200A
87 TO 94 C6 YELLOW CAM E7TZ7B200A

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I know for a fact that site sponsor Tousley Ford will do it. I've been on the phone with them as the parts guy told me where a part I was looking for was.

They go by AutoNation now, white Bear Lake Ford.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I know for a fact that site sponsor Tousley Ford will do it. I've been on the phone with them as the parts guy told me where a part I was looking for was.

They go by AutoNation now, white Bear Lake Ford.
Yup, they are really accomadating, talked to Mike several times.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
If you can't find a VRV, you could install an E4OD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. I was actually able to track one down at a local little known salvage yard.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Lucky. Install it like my pic says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts