The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's a good place to purchase Fleetguard filters? Specifically I'm looking for the LF3974 oil filter and FF5418 fuel filter. I noticed some older posts here referenced saveonfilters.com but that now appears to be a website for car wash products.

Thank you,

Glenn

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Look at some of the replies on this thread. www.powerstrokeshop.com is still your cheapest source at $18 and change. Don't know about the fuel filter but you could check with them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I checked with my local Int'l dealer and they didn't have the stratapore filter. They have the regular filter at $10, however.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Fleetguard is now called Cummins filtration. I get mine from Cummins west here in my hometown. if you have a local Cummins/onan dealer somewhere near you that would be your best bet. I usually buy 6+ at a time.

·
Registered
502 Posts
JHill,
I used the LF9027 on my prior truck and liked it a lot! The oil sample reports showed lower metals in all cases and oil stayed cleaner.
BroncoGlenn
Since Fleetgard is an after market brand any truck dealer may carry them. Try a Kenworth or Peterbilt dealer, or a Ford commercial truck dealer.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I used them for a while I bought 12 of them and once I used all 12 of them I switched back to the regular stratapore version. the sample reports showed very little improvements over the regular stratapore filters.

With the much higher price I couldn't justify them. I think if you really want much better filtration go with a good bypass setup and a good stratapore spin on filter.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Like Hualin Stated:

If ya can't find them close to you.

The powerstrokeshop has them at a good price, plus fast service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.