The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 F250 with a 7.3 IDI engine. The throttle position sensor and tachometer sensor went out at the same time. I replaced both sensors, but I am not getting power from the harness to the sensors. Does anyone know of the existence of a wiring diagram that I could download and print, instead of tracing each wire down?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
On the TPS/FIPL there should be a variable 5 Volts on the center wire, from 1.02 to ~4.0 volts. One of the outside wires of the three is a steady 5 VDC. That voltage comes from the EEC module thru a relay.

The voltage from the tack sensor is an AC micro volt square wave, can best be seen with an oscilloscope. You might see a voltage with a meter set to microvolts on AC. Vehicle has to be running to generate the voltage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the info. Problem is, I'm not getting any voltage to either wire. How do I trace it back? Everything else works. Is it in the harness? Doesn't seem like it should be this complicated to find.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Check your fuses. A fusible link may have burned out also.

There should be a relay just hanging some times by the firewall. The Red wire from it powers the EEC/PCM which powers the TPS/FIPL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts