The Diesel Stop banner

Which aftermarket coolant is equivalent to the Motorcraft "Gold" extended life?

104K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Gooch 
#1 ·
Which extended life aftermarket coolant is equivalent to the Premium Gold stuff that Motorcraft sells.

It needs to be compatible please.

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Which extended life aftermarket coolant is equivalent to the Premium Gold stuff that Motorcraft sells.

It needs to be compatible please.

Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zerex G-05...can be found at Napa and I think Pepboys. Autozone used to have it but dropped it.

Hammer

#3 ·
I have the Zerex G05 in mine -- got it at Advance Auto Parts.

#4 ·
There's a bunch that will meet the Ford WSS-M97B51-A1 "gold" spec and be compatible.

HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE are some examples. There's a bunch of other off-brands. Not to mention that Valvoline/Zerex supplies the very same G-05 coolant used in Ford as factory fill "gold" to Daimler Chrysler (Mopar), Mercedes Benz, and John Deere (CoolGard). They just dye it a different color. So you could go to any one of those dealers for the same stuff too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#7 ·
Yes Jim, that matrix has been around for a couple of years. It's basically an Excel spread sheet that the company who makes Arctic Blend coolant (G-Plus, Heavy Duty w/SCA, and Universal, etc) has compiled. It has a few errors, and some things have changed, but it is somewhat informative even though it only mentions a handful of coolants, specs, and engine manufactures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.