The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I get a little confused when trying to find information here and trying to decide where to ask a question so if I’m doing the wrong thing here I am receptive to being corrected and pointed in the right direction. I’ve been reading the older posts about the square/rectangular style mirrors that came on the 08’ and newer superduty’s and am looking to upgrade my ’04 with the newer style mirrors. What I’m looking for is fresh information on products that are more current and what is “ The Best” product other than going directly Ford OEM which I know would be very expensive. And while I’m not wanting to have to take out a second mortgage for mirrors I am not wanting to scrimp on an inferior product. I’m leaning towards the product that 1A Auto has for sale but I would like several opinions on what others have gone with. Obviously I don’t want anything with a distorted view or a product that vibrates where you can’t see out of it. My OEM mirrors are manual fold and telescoping but are power adjust and heated with turn signals built in and am looking for the same in an aftermarket product. Thank you for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
2000 Ford F-250 flatbed 7.3L power stroke with a 4 way chip and 6 spd manual tranny. 285/75/16 A/T
114 Posts
I bought a set of the 08 style mirrors for my 2000 7.3L and I love them compared to the old ones. I bought mine off of amazon cause they where a great price there. I can see more then what I could when I had the old mirrors on there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set of the 08 style mirrors for my 2000 7.3L and I love them compared to the old ones. I bought mine off of amazon cause they where a great price there. I can see more then what I could when I had the old mirrors on there.
Can you tell me what brand/manufacture yours are. I‘m just trying to find the best, short of going to Ford OEM for the ‘08 as I’m certain they would be very expensive. I’ve read some reviews where people described distorted mirror glass and vibrations when driving down the road. Others have mentioned having to splice wires instead of plug and play. I’m looking for bolt on, plug in and go!

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Ford F-250 flatbed 7.3L power stroke with a 4 way chip and 6 spd manual tranny. 285/75/16 A/T
114 Posts
The brand on mine was SCITTOO side towing mirror And my dad got a different brand off of amazon and they both seem to be running the same so it just depends on what looks like the best bran to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brand on mine was SCITTOO side towing mirror And my dad got a different brand off of amazon and they both seem to be running the same so it just depends on what looks like the best bran to you.
Thank you for the information I’ll check into it.
I bought these. Had to do some splicing for the mirror lights to work since our trucks don't have that option. If you don't care about the lights then it's pretty simple install. They don't vibrate anymore than the stock ones did, and the view is very good.
thanks for the info. Mine does have the turn signals and running lights built in so maybe I wouldn’t hVe to splice🤔

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops, I goofed the spelling on that,it was suppose to be “ have” to splice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts