The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am tired of hearing my creaky cab bushings. First it started with one now there sound like multiple ones that are making noise. I have watched some of the youtube videos and I think I will tackle the job myself. I was planning on using OEM bushings. I read that there are two types. The yellow foam looking ones and the black rubber ones. Supposedly some trucks have both mixed on the same truck. What do the Excursions have? I do not think the yellow ones last like the black ones if I am correct?? Anyone have a part number and where to get them? Are they all the same? How many do I need? Thanks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Greetings mmsafd;

These are some of the part numbers you need... >> BUT <<<
I don't think they're all available any more ???

1C3Z1000145AA - SHIM (x2)
YC3Z1000155AA - BOTTOM INSULATOR (x2)
YC3Z1000154AA - UPPER INSULATOR (x2)
W705719S301 - BOLT (x2)
W705721S438 - WASHER (x2)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am not positive that I need cab bushings but I think so. I tried lifting the cab slightly to see if there was any play and did not notice any. I can not see in there to examine the bushing. Maybe because it is gone, idk. It does not make sense that they would need to be replaced. The truck has always been in S.Texas and never seen salt and only has 150k. The Excursion bushings are definitly different than the ones on my F250 except for the ones on the core support of course. The dealer told me the bushings are obsolete. They gave me part numbers and I only found 2 of the 12 online. I have found some aftermarket poly bushings I will probably end using. I hope to have my mechanic go for a ride tomorrow and help me pin down the noise.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts