The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,..... I'm puttin' a Espar block heater into my '97 F250 that I just bought,....
I'm sick of bein' limited to the length of an extension cord in bitter cold weather,....
In order to feed it diesel, I need to tap into the trucks fuel system,.....
I'm thinkin' putting a "T" into the supply line, just forward of the tank selector valve might be the best, easiest way to do this,....
If the return line goes to the bottom of the tank, it could work, but I don't remember whether it ends at the top of the tank, or at the bottom,.....

Anyways, the selector valve has 2 lines at the top, 1 near the frame, 'n the other closer to the center of the truck(inboard),......
They both appear to be the same size,...
I need to know which is the supply line, so I can tap into it,......

Thank you for any help comin' this way,.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Bondoagain
Registered

Joined 12 days ago
5 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 8 days ago
Hi all,..... I'm puttin' a Espar block heater into my '97 F250 that I just bought,....
I'm sick of bein' limited to the length of an extension cord in bitter cold weather,....
In order to feed it diesel, I need to tap into the trucks fuel system,.....
I'm thinkin' putting a "T" into the supply line, just forward of the tank selector valve might be the best, easiest way to do this,....
Well,.... To answer this question, I unhooked the top line behind the left front wheel, where the hard lines turn into the flex-lines that run around the front of the motor to the fuel pump,......
The top line is the return,.... when started, fuel gushed out from the motor side,....

The hard lines stay in the same relationship along the frame back to the selector valve,....
So,..... I'll be splicin' into the bottom line back by the selector valve to feed my Espar block heater,.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For Sure Michael,...... That's why I filled in the blanks,......

I'm a Mod over at iboats.com, 'n hate having open ended threads with no resolution to the problem,.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts