The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 700 miles ago, I put a Suncoast transmission in my '02 7.3L. I also got a 6.0L tranny cooler that I am installing, now that I am changing out the break-in oil. My question is, what would be the best oil to use in the tranny? Should I use a full synthetic or not? Also, which brand of oil should I go with? Thanks a lot for any advice, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to oils. Thanks:ford:

· Registered
262 Posts
I would use Mobil T ATF synthetic.

· Registered
13 Posts
I had my tranny rebuilt last year at Suncoast in Ft Walton Beach and they never mentioned break-in oil either. They did say that synthetic oil was not recommened on their rebuilds. Suncoast is great to work with, just give them a call and ask.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to be unclear guys. By break-in oil, I meant just the oil I used in the transmission after I installed it in the truck. I was told to run the tranny for about 500-1000 miles and then do an oil change. Nothing special about the "break-in" oil, it just wasn't a full synthetic, thats why I ask if I should be using a full synthetic now or not...thanks for the help so far...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.