The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 SCT Tuner install

I have had my truck for a little over a year, I finally got tired of spending money on the DPF, and I wanted it gone. So took it into a local shop around Dallas, TX that offered a SCT package. I agreed and spent $2,000 on the install and 5" exhaust pipe from headers back and a cold air intake, plus the custom tune.

Major gains in Fuel economy, sound, and Smoke!
I went from 16-17 MPG to 22 MPG without pulling any trailer.
I get 16-17mpg with a 6k trailer on the back now, so it was really worth the investment for me to save on Diesel and no more DEF!!!!

In my opinion this is a great set up and a good choice to do if you are like me and spent $2,000+++ on a DEF tank heater and then DEF sensors went out then the final was the DPF filter was almost gone and needed replacement.

Cons, IF YOU HAVE TO STOP AND CHANGE TUNES (takes like 7-12Mins)....
It feels like my Transmission is getting a little work out, it shifted hard into 1st and 2nd once I first drove it with a fresh tune. But after a few weeks it went away with the normal street tune on it. If I put it into performance it will shift that sucker no matter what.

All in all my story is long and if you made it this far then you will understand that is was a Scary thing to do to my baby. But after a few months with the SCT tuner on, I enjoy it and the truck runs so good with minimal problems with truck and transmission.

I put the SCT on at 87K miles and now I am at 94k with no problems at all.

If anyone has some Tune options or you can help me do a better tune or info on how I can make it better let me know thanks!!!⌡

·
Registered
724 Posts
mini maxx
sct ts

·
Registered
144 Posts
H&S isnt capable with the 15's tho right and they're no longer making tunes?

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
See I'm new to the tuner world. I thought you could only run H&S tunes on it. Good to know.

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Which ever one you can still find in stock.they all stopped production

Sent from my XT901 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I am not sure that is true . from what I have seen the tuners do not remove the EGR , DPF ,etc you get a custom tune from the place you buy it that they put on there to support the mechanical delete .
I just ordered a SCT live wire that supports full delete. I pretty sure the shop put there custom tunes on it.
cost was like 1200 to the door , live wire tuner , delete pipe , egr block off plates , and a EGT probe for EGR block off plates
I went with live wire because of cost and the fact it supports EGT probes
regards

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was actually talking about his sct
But...
Pretty sure you can run some custom tunes on an h&s but you must be dpf deleted

https://hsperformance.com/mcc/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There are people/companies that do MCC for the H&S units...BUT..

Still doesn't support the 2015's and good luck finding a non-hacked H&S unit without paying for it big time now-a-day's.

As far as the programmers go, H&S changed everything on the PSD's. Spartan has always been a decent at their tunes BUT you cannot custom tune them (YET :D). I've ran lot's of KEM SCT tunes from 11-15's and been pretty pleased with them. Every now and then we will get in a snafu with the 'wonderful' hardware and software updates that SCT does. The problem with the 6.7's is the 11 and 12's have one type of OS, then 13 and 14's have another, and then the 15's and 16's have another. And every now and then I will get a funky operating system that doesn't work well with a certain truck (seems to be more F450's than anything that have the issue). As of right now, there is limitations. But change is coming. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts

Still doesn't support the 2015's and good luck finding a non-hacked H&S unit without paying for it big time now-a-day's.

As far as the programmers go, H&S changed everything on the PSD's. Spartan has always been a decent at their tunes BUT you cannot custom tune them. I've ran lot's of KEM SCT tunes from 11-15's and been pretty pleased with them. Every now and then we will get in a snafu with the 'wonderful' hardware and software updates that SCT does. The problem with the 6.7's is the 11 and 12's have one type of OS, then 13 and 14's have another, and then the 15's and 16's have another. And every now and then I will get a funky operating system that doesn't work well with a certain truck (seems to be more F450's than anything that have the issue). As of right now, there is limitations. But change is coming. :thumbsup:

Yea, that's why I always buy cpo and stick with my sct!😜👍

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
724 Posts

As far as the programmers go, H&S changed everything on the PSD's. Spartan has always been a decent at their tunes BUT you cannot custom tune them (YET :D). I've ran lot's of KEM SCT tunes from 11-15's and been pretty pleased with them. Every now and then we will get in a snafu with the 'wonderful' hardware and software updates that SCT does. The problem with the 6.7's is the 11 and 12's have one type of OS, then 13 and 14's have another, and then the 15's and 16's have another. And every now and then I will get a funky operating system that doesn't work well with a certain truck (seems to be more F450's than anything that have the issue). As of right now, there is limitations. But change is coming. :thumbsup:

Ohhhhh I see "yet"! Woo hoo

Sent from
AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not know if anyone still reads this feed, but I am looking at a programmer for my 12 that is fully stock. I am going to do a DPF delete, and I was curious to know if anyone knows if the Edge Evolution will work for a DPF delete. I have looked into the H&S mini max, and I am curious as what route to take.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
People who have posted here before will get notifications about this thread having been responded to, but this isn't the optimal way to get advice on your 2012. First off, the 2012 is a 6.7, and this is the 6.0 forum. Not there guys here don't necessarily have the knowledge to help you, but the 6.7 forum is a much better place to get optimum exposure to the most knowledgeable guys for your engine/truck.

Also, I know its hard to figure out how to post a new topic, but that's what you have to do to also get maximum exposure and thus the best answers. Basically you need to go into the modifications section of the 6.7 forum and select start a new topic or post a new thread, etc. This allows you to start a thread dedicated to your question and ensures the best possible exposure.

I'd gladly help if I had something to offer, but I know very little about the 6.7. I don't own one, and haven't spun wrenches on one yet. I can tell you that Innovative Diesel is one of the best Ford tuners out there, and sending them an email or giving them a call is a great step towards getting what you need.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts