The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, is there a radiator with more cooling capacity for the 6.0? Mine doesn't look good anymore and I want to replace it.
Or should I buy an original part?

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
You are in Germany, what are your choices? Where can you source it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in Germany there is unfortunately nothing to buy for the 6.0 or four times as expensive as in USA.
I would like more cooling capacity

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I am puzzled by you wanting more cooling capacity. I and my customers pull 18000 to 22000 pound loads of hay in summer (40C-42C) and the stock radiator keeps it cool unless fan clutch isn't working or radiator airflow is bad due to grass, bugs, or mud in radiator fins.
I still do not know what to tell you as where you can get your parts will determine what radiator choices I might suggest. There are radiators offered for 6.0 trucks that do not have the correct side members and the fan shroud is 13-14mm away from sealing to the sides of radiator, even these seem to have no issues with cooling but I do not use them. I have used Nissens brand and Motorcraft. Motorcraft is a safe choice. There is a radiator that is sold as extra capacity and is all aluminum from Performance Cool and others. I know people using these in their trucks and have had no issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts