The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question....

EGR delete has been done but my code reader shows the EGR system as a fail when I do a system readiness check.

Can anyone tell me which tuners and/or companies offer a tune that reprograms the truck so that it completely ignores the EGR system during a system readiness check?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Oh that's right, you had some issues with the SRL+ IIRC.
Gear head got it fix, I like gear head on the highway but wpe white rain and tsd spd are just strong tune. White rain holds it gears longer great for a stage 2 turbo keep the rpm up. I'd like to try srl ++

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Gear head got it fix, I like gear head on the highway but wpe white rain and tsd spd are just strong tune. White rain holds it gears longer great for a stage 2 turbo keep the rpm up. I'd like to try srl ++
The SRL++ shifts exactly like the SRL+. Just a tad stronger. I find the White Rain revvy and doesn't get the converter locked as early as the SRL+ or ++, therefore loosing that grunt factor. Maybe I should try the White Rain again.

What I really didn't like about the WPE tune was the converter unlocks from OD when letting off the throttle.

·
Registered
579 Posts
All my tunes, the shift point are modified I'm at 5500 ft and 35in tires with 3.73 gear, kc stage 2 turbo. So my tq don't lock in tell around 60 mph. Before the modified it would shift into od at 50 mph and my truck would fall on it ass. I never got to run any of the tune with stock turbo

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
How do these tunes you speak of compare to innovative diesels tunes? I've been happy so far with anarchy street.
The transmission shifting is the major difference. At light to moderate throttle, my innovative and quick trick tunes, upshift 1,2,3,5,6,6Lock-like the factory tune. Gearhead SRL+ and SRLXX shift 1,2,3,5,5Lock,6Lock. If you are at say 50-60mph and go to pass a car or go up a hill, Gearhead just downshifts from 6Lock to 5Lock....ease back off the throttle after the pass or hill and it merely shifts from 5Lock back to 6Lock. In that 50mph on up range, it acts more like a manual transmission because the converter stays locked during both downshifts and upshifts. That's the part of Gearhead I really, really like.

My WPE White Rain tune wont downshift from 6lock to 5Lock...it just unlocks the converter and revs, then relocks the converter when you let back out of it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would contact wpe see if they can fix it, I'll have to try my srl+ again because mine tq lock in 6 on my srl+ just like factory.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Matt at gearhead sent me the srlxx to try out, so fare tune is a really good tune. Good shift point and power, havnt got to do a lot of highway driving yet but I'll up date

1 - 19 of 19 Posts