The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old timers here already know this, but for the newbees - did you know there is a picture of the WebMaster and his beautiful wife that all of us can admire - right here on Ford-Diesel.com?

Sure there is! Where? Well, it's sort of hiding. Scroll up to the top of this screen and click on the big Ford-Diesel.com logo. That gets you to the main screen of this website. On the left edge of that screen there is a menu with several itty bitty words, including for sale, FAQ, and editors. You can guess what the for sale area is for, and maybe even have a clue to what the FAQ might be. But editors?

And when you were moderated by PhilD, did you assume he was a crusty old retiree like SmokeyWren?

Click on "editors" and you'll find where Jason hid his picture. Scroll down and read about Carpentractor, who lives across the Hudson from West Point, NY. And if you downloaded and appreciate the new screensaver, then you might want to look at the photo of Dick Cutting, the photos editor. If you would like to see a college "kid" that does a fine job as one of the moderators here, then look at the picture of PhilD. If you believe that everybody that lives in Vegas looks like Elvis, then click on JohnM's photo. And to see the newest Junior Moderator and Darling Wife, then scroll plumb to the bottom of the list.

You can also read about Rick, Shawn, Travis, DieselJay and others of the moderators and editors, but some of them haven't figured out how to get a picture to Jason yet.

And if you don't have time for all that surfing but just want to take a gander at Mrs. Jason, then just click on this: http://www.ford-diesel.com/about/editors.php3

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Sorry about all those broken monitors!

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think I have seen those pictures before in the Post Office!!
Smokey - Have you figured out how to send Jason a pix yet?? ( I didnt check b4 I posted this?)
Looking forward to meeting Jason and others at the PSD Rally in VA this spring!!

------------------
99 F250SD - PSD 2WD LARIAT CREWCAB SWB, AUTUMN ORANGE, ROLL-N-LOCK, UNIDEN 538W W/ 48" FIRESTIKS

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep, been there and seen them. Now we gotta figure out how to get a picture of SmokeyWren and his darling wife in there.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Yeah, I looked. Smokey looks better on the forums.
He apparently married better than his wife did, though!
The pictures of the wives reminds me, though - no matter how beautiful the trucks, they are not a patch on the women in our lives. Thanks for showing the human side, gents.
------------------
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kreynol2 (edited 01-24-2000).]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nope, I hadn't looked at the time of my post, but since you gave me the short cut, I have NOW!! I agree, Smokey looks better on the forum!! The ride looks AWESOME too!! Nice pix Smokey!!

------------------
99 F250SD - PSD 2WD LARIAT CREWCAB SWB, AUTUMN ORANGE, ROLL-N-LOCK, UNIDEN 538W W/ 48" FIRESTIKS

·
Registered
229 Posts
Smokey --

It's hard to tell in the picture; do you have a short beard? If you do, you could be my twin brother.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerryc:
Smokey --It's hard to tell in the picture; do you have a short beard? If you do, you could be my twin brother.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I was "middle management" for over 30 years, having to wear a jacket and tie every day - shave every morning - Florsheim wingtips. Then I retired.

I haven't shaved since I retired on Nov 8, 1993. But I can't grow a real beard - looks like the cliche of a Chinese gentleman's beard - so I vary it in length between a close-clipped "Don Johnson" to about 1/4th-inch long. I don't try to impress anybody with my clothes - Levies and golf shirts usually - that picture was a t-shirt. Darling Wife retired not long after I did and she adopted my comfortable dress and grooming style.

Now we "dress up" only for funerals and weddings - but no shaving even for my Mom's funeral last year.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Smokey,

That IS a dress shirt. All you gotta do is read the logo. That says it all!

Mike

·
Registered
229 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokeyWren:
I don't try to impress anybody with my clothes - Levies and golf shirts usually - that picture was a t-shirt. Darling Wife retired not long after I did and she adopted my comfortable dress and grooming style.

Now we "dress up" only for funerals and weddings - but no shaving even for my Mom's funeral last year.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is scary!! We really are twins!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
My wife gets mad when she tells me to dress up and I put on my nice jeans and a nice golf shirt. I wore that ensemble to work one day and everyone commented how dressed up I was (the norm is blue jeans and a free t-shirt from one of our vendors)

Jason
!

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
LOL, My casual wardrobe consists entirely of Gaming T-Shirts that were supposed to be given out with games.

My friend at Software Etc found hundreds of them that were supposed to be given out but never were. I always wanted a Sim City (Original Mac) T-Shirt.

Gotta love promotions

SP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts