The Diesel Stop banner

Who is running BI code split shot injectors and how are they working out?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  thuglike 
#1 ·
I'm leaning towards a big pump and some big split shot injectors w/ EDMed 7 hole nozzles.

I believe both Jeremy's are running them plus a couple of others. Could I get an update?

I guess I'm getting old but I really want a quiet running, fast, decent mpg, no smoke daily driver. I'm thinking these BIs might help me get everything I want.

How is the power?

How is the smoke at 450-500ish rwhp levels?

How is the mpg compared to the single shots?

Is it quiet as stock?

Any other info?

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I'm leaning towards a big pump and some big split shot injectors w/ EDMed 7 hole nozzles.

I believe both Jeremy's are running them plus a couple of others. Could I get an update?

I guess I'm getting old but I really want a quiet running, fast, decent mpg, no smoke daily driver. I'm thinking these BIs might help me get everything I want.

How is the power? <font color="red"> Very good(ask Joey he got a ride this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font>

How is the smoke at 450-500ish rwhp levels? <font color="red"> Don't know the HP level but I am gonna tell you at those numbers it is gonna smoke BIGtime </font>

How is the mpg compared to the single shots? <font color="red"> Can't answer how they are compared to singles, but I got 12.86 turning 37"tires 4:30 gears and Joey's 7400 lb truck in tow</font>

Is it quiet as stock? <font color="red"> everybit as quiet. No difference until you mash the throttle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif </font>

Any other info? <font color="red">They are gonna Idle funny(up an down) gonna have to get some icp put in it at idle, and back off the fuel a bit. Other than that they run great. ALOT better then stock in the stock programming, next to no smoke. I am running the stock holes, I would suggest no bigger than .095 hole size. and you will have to have OIL FOR SURE I throw a code in 2 seconds.</font>

Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

#3 ·
I'm betting your HP will be between 450-500, once you have oil. Yes, it runs very strong with those BI's(big stupid injectors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif). Jeremy, my truck weighs closer to 7600+the car dolly=8000lbs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif!

#4 ·
Unfortunatly thier is just no real way to get away from smoke in the bottom end if you want big power across the board. However with a good charger it is very possible to make big power in the top end with lil to no smoke.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Travis

#5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly thier is just no real way to get away from smoke in the bottom end if you want big power across the board. However with a good charger it is very possible to make big power in the top end with lil to no smoke.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Travis

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't know any good tuners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#6 ·
Actually I know some of thetop in the nation

Dont get me wrong you can tune alot of the smoke out even with big nozzels in the bottom end, But i f you want big fuel, you get bigger nozzels, then you will pick up smoke in the bottome end, which can all be controlled by the go pedal untill the charger lights, then you can add more fuel. Howevere i think even with the best tuning in the world with big nozzels it is going to smoke more then any stock truck ever smoked.

Travis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Just my .02

#8 ·
Let you know maybe in a week and a 1/2, should be hitting the dyno for some tunning and #'s

#9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
If you say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you implying that you think you are the only good PCM tuner out there?

Hammer

#10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Howevere i think even with the best tuning in the world with big nozzels it is going to smoke more then any stock truck ever smoked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry,sould have quoted what I was replying too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

#13 ·
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you implying that you think you are the only good PCM tuner out there?

Hammer

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you implying that David was implying that he is the only good PCM tuner out there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.