The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems all I read about with the edge attitude on this forum is shifting problems. My dad's is a version 2.5, 1.3 and runs flawlessly in all levels. Is his a lemon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif or is it the same story as the 6.0 motors and all we tend to here about on this site are the minorities with problems. Those of you with well running edge attitudes, speak up. Are we the majority... I'd like to know and I'm sure that people who are in the market to buy would too.

Thanks,

Shane

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had mine about a week now and havent had a single problem with it! I love the new power that my truck has and would never go back. I run mine all the time on 3-2 and its plenty for around town and even on the freeway. I checked out 5-5 one time and it was just a little crazy for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif. As far as the shifting goes....Its ran a little quirky the first night but after a day of normal driving it runs great!

JP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Mine is doing great. I have the max temp setting up to 1500 so it does not defuel from junk readings of Attitude pyro and have the warnings set to max and turned off. I really think the pyro readings are making trucks defuel at shift time and causing all the problems. Mine shifted good out of box and got better. I am running 4 power and 3 on low fuel boost, no need for more unless I am "playing with a Chey or Dodge.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Oldflick, if you crank it up to maximum power levels to play, how does it work? Does it shift rough at first then get better or does it shift ok? I think you are on the money with the defueling thing! Can you explain a bit on how you have set the parameters on your Attitude. ie max temp - 1500/ warnings set to max and turned off( if they are off does the setting matter?)Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I never go below 4 power and it shifts great in 4 or 5. When I first installed new Attitude it shifted about like stock on 4 or 5, after "learning period" it shifts just a bit stiffer(which is good)but does not bang. You have it correct for settings. No it probably does not matter where the warnings are set if turned off but I take no chances. When I had warning set a 1350 I would see 100 on backdown record all the time, with it at 1500 I have seen 38 for max reading. My X-monitor(just replaced pyro sender) has not read over 1200 and that is reading I trust. I wish max temp could go higher or shut off.

Off topic, have been in you town many times, go hunting up north and fly in to your town. Went up there 4 years ago and built hunting lodge for outfitter, love it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Where exactly do you go hunting and is it for big game or birds?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is both your x monitor and attitude pyro hooked up, or just one. I'm thinking of disconnecting the pryo from the attitude and reinstalling the pyro guage I had before I got the attitude.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you are so sure that the de-fueling is causing the shifting problem,..by-pass it...and then try it.

If you don't know how to by-pass it...read your manual! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I believe you just press the ENTER key twice (quickly) and you can set it for however long you want it by-passed. (it also de-faults to level 5) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

NOW watch your EGT's go through the roof!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Bigshow, I have been going deer hunting at Sled Lake(Mercer Outfitting), it is about 1 hr. north of Big River. They just sold to Horn Outfitting. The old owner is moving to Digger(?). With this change in owners I am looking to new outfitter, may try the Indians but am a little leary.

Carm, I have X hooked to drivers exh. manifold and attitude to pass. side. I am thinking about adding wire to Attitude lead and see if I can lower readings to X readings w/resistance in added wire. I was thinking about using attitude pyro for TTM and no pyro to Attitude but do not know how no pyro on Attitude will affect it operation?

Nazomi1, Good point but my way first will let trans do final "learning" with least backdown. The bypass only works for up to 30 min & shuts off evey time truck is shut off. With x monitor I bet the reading are not much worse, the Attitude is always thru roof w/readings. Truth is I forgot what I read about shut off, am going to play with it when it stops raining here. Wet is no time to play with power or I will have a 04 by accident. My truck is shifting so good I do not expect a big change.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Probably moving to a town called 'BIGGAR'. I'm not sure of population but they have a sign when you enter town saying NEW YORK IS BIG BUT THIS IS BIGGAR . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
52 Posts
let me know how the attitude works without the pyro. I really don't want to drill another hole if I don't have to. By the way I'm in Forked River.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Just ran truck with and w/o pyro to Attitude. Had backdown shut off and 5 power and 5 low fuel adj. Three runs 0 to 95 WOT w/pyro Max temp from X-monitor 1235 and boost 31.1 max. Thre runs 0 to 95 WOT w/o Attitude pyro max temp 1224 and max boost 31.3. Three runs 0 to 95 WOT w/backdown on(just to see if there was any defalt setting that are not accesible) Max temp 1241 & max boost 31.0. It appears that disconnectig pyro does not affect system. Shift 3 to 4 felt a little worse towards the end of test but that was 9 runs in as short of time as possible and they still did not feel bad, just a little softer. Point of interest max RPM was 3848. Only other funny thing is Attitude was within 1/2 lb of X-monitor, first time it has ever been accurate that long? Going to hook TTM to pyro from Attitude.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts