The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Ford F250 6.9 idi stock 4 speed manual transmission the transmission is a t 19 high gear 3:55 gears in rear end my starter just recently went out so when I get out of the truck I have to leave it running after I leave the truck idling for a little while like 15 to 30 minutes and I get back in it and drive it when I hit 4th gear I have like no power at all I can barely go 55 and when I let off the gas it does like this lunging or flat-out dies it only does this after you let it idle from driving. and I don't know why any suggestions

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue I have a 1987 f350 diesel 6.9L dually chipper dumping box .I recently did the oil change, new oil filter ,fuel filter, I even siphoned the gas tanks since the truck was sitting for few years . Also used a 1,2,3 fuel treatment from diesel bros which worked great . The engine sounds even better and runs better ,but before when I hit 4th gear it seems like it wont go faster than 55 to 60mph . Is that normal on a chipper truck ? 4th gear is like struggling almost like it fell asleep ? Also since the fuel did have bit water in it that's why I siphoned the diesel and added more diesel till it was cleaned. Then added that fuel treatment into the fuel filter and the light is still on the light that says water in fuel. Is there some reset it or how to fix these 2 issues? Please help .... this is my 1st diesel truck . If theres anyone out there would apreaciated thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts