The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
Yes, that would be an example of what Corey was saying.
Corey, hi yes I was talking about a factory build that is now asked to handle having 40 pounds of boost. I don't know other than common sense. I have not been doing performance upgrade work in my career.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
yea 1:1 boost to backpressure ratios. my friend runs 175/80's and a van turbo w/ bd billet wheel and he sees 1:1 ratios still.

a stock turbo (.84 housing) at 33 psi of boost probably has 50-70 psi of backpressure atleast

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
yea 1:1 boost to backpressure ratios. my friend runs 175/80's and a van turbo w/ bd billet wheel and he sees 1:1 ratios still.

a stock turbo (.84 housing) at 33 psi of boost probably has 50-70 psi of backpressure atleast
I'm reading 13.9 psi EBP at idle ?

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
Yep that's about sea level. You need to remember thats your normal sea level pressure. Boost is going to be psig. Which is what shows on boost gauge that starts above that atmospheric pressure. MAP is what the pressure is at compressor manifold.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Thank you homefry.

·
Registered
185 Posts
14.7 is 1 atmosphere. Must be less down under. Maybe that's why Aussie's are less stressed too, less pressure on them. Hehe :D

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
It's very stress free in this little Island, Corey :guiness:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts