The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I tried a search and did not come up with much on this. I was leaving a light and stepped on the acc pedal. The truck lurched and jumped and missed a couple of times and then took off like a bat out of hell. I let off the pedal when it started to fish tail and I was only a quarter down on the throttle. I finally had to turn it off to get the throttle to drop to normal.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Could be a number of things. Throttle position sensor is the first to come to mind. You might want to include more info mods and such so the real guru's can help you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was talking to a Ford diesel mech and he was saying to maybe change the oil. Dirty oil could be messing up the injection pump. ???? Does that make since?

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Throttle position sensor(TPS)

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had a bad ICP last year that made it snappy as heck and shift hard. Got it replaced. Experienced same snappy/hard shift yesterday messing around with the icp wires doing a 10 k mod. Also threw a cell. I thightened the connector to the ICP and all was good. Probably loose connector last year as well. Ford shop may have gotten me on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts