The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a F5 dp tuner chip that I took out of my truck. Its a 2000 7.3L with automatic transmission. My friend wants to buy it from me and put it in his truck. He has a 2000 7.3L with manual transmission. Is this chip compatible? Does the transmission type matter?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have a F5 dp tuner chip that I took out of my truck. Its a 2000 7.3L with automatic transmission. My friend wants to buy it from me and put it in his truck. He has a 2000 7.3L with manual transmission. Is this chip compatible? Does the transmission type matter?

It will need to be reburned for his trucks PCM code.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, thats what I figured. I loved the chip but took it out of my truck because it was randomly causing the truck to stall and was scary on the hills because I would lose my brakes. I kept thinking it was just the CPS sensor so I kept replacing that, then I took it to the ford dealer and they told me the chip. Took the chip out months ago and hasn't stalled since. Is this a common issue with dp tuner chips? What fixes this problem? I would love to be able to put the chip back in the truck but only if I am certain the stalling issue won't resume.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thanks for the reply, thats what I figured. I loved the chip but took it out of my truck because it was randomly causing the truck to stall and was scary on the hills because I would lose my brakes. I kept thinking it was just the CPS sensor so I kept replacing that, then I took it to the ford dealer and they told me the chip. Took the chip out months ago and hasn't stalled since. Is this a common issue with dp tuner chips? What fixes this problem? I would love to be able to put the chip back in the truck but only if I am certain the stalling issue won't resume.
You need to send it back so we can take a look at it. If there is a defect, it will be replaced at no charge to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts