The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the boxfull of 3" thick factory manuals that cover every nut and bolt in the truck, except the engine is not covered except for the turbo. I have a 94 F350 7.3 IDI. I found a 93 manual supplement for the engine on Amazon. Will that manual work for me?

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
It all depends on what brand it is, the genuine factory manuals that the dealerships used are put out for FoMoCo by a publishing company named Helm Inc. If that's what you bought, it's the best out there.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Make sure your getting the right manual for the right engine. 3 different engines in '94, and the easiest identifier is the 8th character of the VIN:
M is an IDI non turbo
K is an IDI with a turbo
F is a Powerstroke

As stated above, Helm inc is the best.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Make sure your getting the right manual for the right engine. 3 different engines in '94, and the easiest identifier is the 8th character of the VIN:
M is an IDI non turbo
K is an IDI with a turbo
F is a Powerstroke

As stated above, Helm inc is the best.
Mine is a K. The ad on Amazon

says it's a factory authorized reproduction manual supplement for the 93 7.3 IDI turbo diesel. I'm wondering if the engines stayed the same from 93 to 94. I would put a link here but it's not working for me.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Mine is a K. The ad on Amazon

says it's a factory authorized reproduction manual supplement for the 93 7.3 IDI turbo diesel. I'm wondering if the engines stayed the same from 93 to 94.
No, that's what Chuckster was explaining. In that time period there were 3 engine options which makes it confusing for parts houses. Hopefully you didn't get the late '94 Powerstroke manual, it would show electronic injectors, fly by wire throttle and other electronic controls.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
'93 and early '94 did have the same engine.

Reactions: LMJD

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
From 88 to early 94 the 7.3 IDI engines are basically all the same. In 93 the turbo was an option, in 94 the turbo was standard. In 94.5 the 7.3 engine went to a Powerstroke EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) computerized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts