The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 F350, wiper don't work on any intermittent. Wiper will come up just a little then stop. When on low and high speed they work fine I just have to turn off when they hit where they park. They won't park on their own. I changed the multi function switch and still doing the same thing.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Do you have any codes in the GEM?

·
Super Moderator
25,643 Posts
The GEM is a General Electronics Module. It's what controls the wipers and other functions. With a capable code reader you can get any codes that are stored in it thru the Diagnostic Connector under the dash (by your right knee).

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
...and perform a self test on the GEM that will also test the wipers which may indicate your problem... or not. In my experience wiper parking concerns are often caused by the wiper motor. It contains a mechanical position switch that can wear out.

Just for the sake of mentioning though not applicable to your 1999 truck, the wiper motor cover which contains the switch, was recalled for 2000 and 2001 models. The reason was for loss of wiper parking and intermittent wipers not functioning correctly or wipers not working at all and potential melting of the cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts