The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does any one know where to buy one that is not brittle? Ford dealer could not find a part # for this part.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Car

The wiring trough supports the wire hanging in the picture. It's currently tied up by windshield wiper

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

·
Premium Member
8,272 Posts
George, What I do with them is use extrude plastic loom. It’s 5/8 or 3/4 inch. I don’t remember. I just put it over it. It looks really good especially if you hit the stuff with tire shine before putting it on.
I gave up on trying to get that thing It wasn’t sold separately from the harness.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

That is a great idea.

·
Premium Member
8,272 Posts
Sure.
Start at one end and zip tie that end. Feed it on with the split facing the firewall. When you get to the support mounting tab, carefully cut out an opening with a box cutter. Where leather work gloves when cutting so if you slip, you might not have to go to the ER for stitches. Continue on down the line. Use zip ties.
Keep up the fine work on that puppy.👍

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here is a much better idea. Use 3/4" i.d. flexible electrical conduit, purchased at home center stores. Cut it to length, split it lengthwise, fit it over your wire harness, then secure it to the original push-pin holes using 1" metal cable straps (also at your home center store) and bolts/speed nuts.

Attachments

Reactions: Greg687

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks clean.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here is the description on the conduit: Oil resistant, outdoor direct burial, 80⁰ C, Type B 3/4" NM (Non Metallic) conduit.
Product Bicycle part Automotive tire Automotive exterior Font

A super-tough material that, when combined with the cable clamps, will provide wire loom protection far superior to that from the factory, and as you say, look good doing it.

• Love
Reactions: 1999f-250superduty
1 - 8 of 8 Posts