The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!!!!
new here but I have a VERY frustrating problem recently our 01 F-550 had a short in the lighting circuit and unfortunately this cause several wires in the main harness under the dash to fuse together and melted several pins at the firewall connecter the cause of the problem has been found and fixed(head light switch) but I am still in need of the dash harness. the problem im having is that its a discontinued part from ford so im having to search bone yards and parts trucks. The main question I have is what can work in this truck? are they all the same? I have found a couple of potential donor trucks but would like to know if any of these harness will interchange

A three trucks have 7.3L and are 2WD
My f-550 is a 01 build date:8/2000 no power options including cruise control and DTRL harness part number 1C3T14401-FC

Donor truck #1: 2000 F-450, build date 3/2000 no power options including CC AND DTRL harness part#: YC3T14401-ALL

Donor truck#2: 2001 F-350 build date 01/2001 no power windows or locks has CC but no DTRL harness part #:1C3T14401-DAC

So can anyone out there tell me if either of these will work? any input would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,501 Posts
Really the only way to tell would be to check pinouts on the connectors, and confirm they're in the same location as your original harness and the wires connected in the same place on each end. My guess is that donor truck #1 would be the closest, but that's only a guess.

Another option is to use the pins and wires out of the donor harness and rebuild yours. If the connector body is melted as well, those can probably be interchanged.

It's not all that hard to remove the pins and wires from the connectors. Typically there's a red plastic keeper that's inserted into the front of the connector. Once that's removed, the pins can be unlatched with a scribe or very small screwdriver, and the pin and wire pulled out the back.

Good luck and Welcome to TheDieselStop :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
klhansen thanks for the response
i wonder if it would be easier to just swap over the full harness including all the fuse panels,gem and engine harness? im a little leery about attempting to rebuild my harness as there could be unseen damage to other wires that could cause problems in the future i will look at the position of the connector pins on the donor trucks later today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts