The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
24,978 Posts
There are a bunch of different harnesses for even one year model. The basic year changes are early '99, '99.5 (built after 12/8/98) thru '01, and '02-'03. You'll need to know things like AC or not, single or dual alternators, and probably a few more that I'm not sure about. If you have a PN sticker on yours that you're trying to replace, post that number, and hope someone seeing this has a matching one to spare.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Your best bet is always repair, unless there has been a big fire. Replacements are too complicated to match exactly, and too risky to put in the wrong harness.

·
Administrator
24,978 Posts
Your best bet is always repair, unless there has been a big fire. Replacements are too complicated to match exactly, and too risky to put in the wrong harness.
Good advice.
It is possible to modify a harness that doesn't quite match, but you have to have the connector pinouts and wiring diagrams. That's probably more work than repairing the original harness.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have original in it done some modifications to it as my 42 pin plug was given a lot of problems I took it out to just wire everything straight was no big deal until I hit the battery side of the gp relay with the ground that runs with injectors I have fixed all damage done except I still have a short to ground my Ecu says it’s tps but I changed it out took out the wiring harness inside and out and I mean all of it still cannot find my problem all I know is it’s either wiring or a burnt sensor I have just been trying almost everything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.