The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have found a lot of useful information on this site, but now I am at a loss.

I have a 2003 Ford Excursion with 6.0L diesel. I bought it as a second owner at about 75,000 miles. Right after I got it the turbo went out. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. Then at 105,000 the erg cooler went out and it was a $5k fix. The truck ran like a champ. About 130k miles 2 injectors went out on the passenger side so had all 4 replaced on that side. At about 140k miles my idiot son put gas in the tank, about 10 gallons. I got as much as I could siphoned out without dropping the tank, and refilled it with 20 gallons of fresh diesel. And it was running fine. I had a couple glow plugs go out and replaced all 8 plus the glow plug harnesses. After about six months, I was about 200 yards from my house and it just stopped. I towed it home and all I could get was crank but no start. I had a "mechanic" come and do a diagnostic on it. He told me that the injector wiring harnesses were showing wear and could be shorting out, but also the glow plug control module was bad. I replaced both of those and same result. I have been stubborn and cheap not wanting to pay for the dealership to fix it.

Here is a list of what I have done:

Checked fuses and relays
New Fuel pump
New ECM (reprogramed to truck $125)
New High pressure oil sensor
New Injector pressure sensor
New injector wiring harness
New Glow Plug Control Module
FICM rebuilt with 58v upgrade
Dropped the fuel tank and cleaned it out
Took out the engine wiring harness and checked the continuity of all the wires and they all checked good.

I did one thing at a time and would try it. I am still getting a crank with no start. As my good son cranked it I smelled the exhaust and got no smell of fuel. Any help or ideas on what to do next would be appreciated. My real next thought is to sell it as is and move on. The only thing is that I love this truck........when it is running.

·
Super Moderator
11,711 Posts
Have you checked for codes?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts