The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm running down the road goes great till I hit 70 and my truck act like it's not getting fuel and don't wanna go and backs off to about 50. I don't have a clue what's going on with my 05 F250 any help would be appriated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an Stc programmer scanner and it shows three injector faults which I know are incorrect because using the for program and checking my truck all injectors show good

·
Registered
2005 F250 CCSB 6.0 6" Rough Country lift 37x13.5x22 toyo XD 778 Chrome Monsters
37 Posts
I just had the same problem on my 06 F350, I ran it to FORD to diagnose it and they came back saying 6 of 8 injectors bad. 3 high 3 low pressure. I took to the local diesel shop and he confirmed that injectors were bad. I cheaped out 1 month before and only changed 1 injector because the rest read good. price of labor twice, and the new injector went bad for ever compensating. I also run a sct. They recommended change all 8. It takes only a min to change them once they get covers off he said. If you are ever planning on putting bigger injectors that would be the time.

For me it was starting to take longer to warm up, sluggish when first get in and drive anywhere even if I let it warm up for 20 mins and 75 degrees outside. It also felt like it wasn't as fast on the freeway. I have aftermarket remote start as well and it would not start the truck until the third cycle each cycle 3 attempts. It runs like a champ now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the reply I'm certainly hoping it's not that I put 4 n last year round this time don't really wanna have to do it again

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you monitoring your FICM with your SCT? I know mine doesn't drop below 47.5.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I was given the programmer by a friend and don't really know how to use it yet other than when you turn it on it scans for DTC codes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's actually a hyper tech lll that I have finally got back to my truck after 2 weeks but it shows p0284, 673 and 674

·
Registered
37 Posts
SCT looks like attached.... there is a setting to monitor ficm, see layout attached. I use a few diff options but same principal

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
The OBD II trouble code P0284 is described as a cylinder number 8 contribution/balance. In essence, this code is stating that the number eight cylinder in the firing order is experiencing a fuel-related problem.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Have you done the "Blue Spring " fuel pressure regulator upgrade? The old spring gets weak and your fuel pressure will drop, causing damage to the injectors. The first injectors to go from this are usually 7 & 8 since they are at the far end of the fuel rail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I haven't done any upgrades and my programmer is a hyper tech three but other than pulling codes off it I haven't changed any setting on computer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did the blue spring up date and still having the no power once I hit 70 it don't back off but I don't have any power to go only showing P0673 and P0674 but I have no issue starting my truck any ideas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts